Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Choosing my First Marker??!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Startender, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Hey all, looking to get into the sport. Ive done a little research here and there (mainly on youtube and asking some friends who play now and then) on what marker I should buy. I live in Manchester so i was leaning towards an Eclipse Marker since I believe the store is based here?

Also an Invert mini GS, an Axe or maybe even dye but ive heard maintaining those can be more tricky

Basically for my first marker im looking for something thats not going to break the bank but also is reliable and easy to maintain (if thats possible)

Any thoughts guys?

2. Trolley Morning Wood - Choppin Down Fools

Trolley
    Message Count:
    Etha 2 new or a 2nd hand Geo 3.5. I have the 3.5 and it's sweet as.

3. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    The ehta 2 ive heard good things, isnt a Geo a spool though? Aren't they harder to maintain? Sorry man ive got so many questions haha

4. Trolley Morning Wood - Choppin Down Fools

Trolley
    Message Count:
    Both spool, both very easy to maintain. With the Geo 3.5 you're getting a £1300 worth of marker for around the 400-500 Mark as it's a few years old.

Startender likes this.
  5. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Yes, they are Manchester based
    I don't know if you can pop in, but it would be useful for them to be local
    There are no true 'retail' shops for paintball, any shops are a warehouse / office front end, and the main retailers attend large events with their retail & tech stalls

Eclipse are to be highly recommended for their support and it means you're buying British

http://planeteclipse.com/site/contact/

Startender likes this.
  6. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    The Geo does look pretty sick, but i dont want to invest to much, maybe around 150-250 for my first marker, thanks for the feedback though, Trolley lad!

Tom, yeah im probably going to buy eclipse. I remember them having a shop front but this was years ago haha. But ive heard theyre always present at events for tech support and what not. So i could always talk to someone there

Tom likes this.
  7. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    Eclipse aftersales is the best in Europe - they serviced my 07ego and 08 Sl8r at the Mills last year, FOC!

For sub £250, I'd look at an earliyish Geo, or Etek3-4 personally. That said, Ego 10s come up in that bracket sometimes too - once you have enough posts, pop up a wanted ad and see what people offer?

Trolley likes this.
  8. Startender New Member

Startender
    Message Count:
    Thanks man! Just gotta get those posts in now, then i can spend my money

9. Stefan Busby New Member

Stefan Busby
    Message Count:
    I picked up an Ego 08 for 150 and in great condition and fully serviced. I had a Proto SLG 09 when I first started and that was also easy to maintain and reliable. They might be even cheaper.

10. Zackie Tran New Member

Zackie Tran
    Message Count:
    it's depend on your playing style and budget. if u prefer something light, speed ball style then maybe the gog enemy, bt a5, etc.. if u prefer something look more realistic then TMC. have a look on them.