Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

choosing paintball mask

Meadster52

Do or Die
May 21, 2013
Bristol
Hi guys, just started marshalling, would like some ideas on what goggles/mask are good or bad to be used for this. Thanks:)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Unless you want further protection, I'd just decide the same way you would pick any other mask. Suppose the events are a good choice because they have that extra forehead protector. But so long as you get something with a thermal lense then that will do, because you'll be on the field for long periods of time.

.Havoc.

Aug 17, 2012
Derby
Go for comfort over style, as Liam92 said youll be wearing them for long periods. try on the other marshals goggles that you work with to get a feel for different types

Reactions: H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
There's no specific requirements for marshaling goggles over using them for playing, beside maybe wanting a nice bright colour different to the rental goggles used at the site you work at.

Everyone's face and head is a different size and shape. Try on as many different sets at possible and find out which you find most comfortable and offers the best protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Havoc.

Meadster52

Do or Die
May 21, 2013
Bristol
Im looking at the Dye i4's and the Empire E-vents as this is mainly what the people I work with have got. So I think that i will get one of these.

.Havoc.

Aug 17, 2012
Derby
The E-vents are larger and offer a bit more protection especially if you have a larger head, however for me personally they gave me a head ache after prolonged periods of use... i found that the softer foam JT's were more comfortable. But again, its down to personal comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: H

.Havoc.

Aug 17, 2012
Derby
As H said, look into trying as many as possible and not just for one game. See if you can use a set for a whole day to really get the feel for them.

Reactions: H and Meadster52