Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Concerning the UWL ........ and all who sail in her !!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
To answer some points - I don't doubt for one second the UWL will continue; all that's being asked is, people think about what they are doing when signing on and effectively putting money into barnett's pockets thus consolidating barnett's infiltration in our sport.

There would be a virtually seamless change-over if barnett's position were to be replaced with more professional, and better liked/respected people took over.
I've already proposed the guys I think who could take us forward under the UWL format.
As Dusty implies, if something's wrong, and we do nothing about it, we cannot moan afterwards when things go ass up .... Simon Cole, Paul Banks, Jim Frensham .... etc etc etc all appreciate this point more acutely than most others.

Lovetone - you ask what has barnett done in the UWL?
I'm not really sure as to what specifically you ask, do you mean what has barnett done in the UWL to explain why I've asked people to consider their support for it?
If this is what you mean as against a more general question then I think it best explained by appreciating that people like barnett have a personality that's consistent and what he does in one field, he will do in another.

We've already been made aware of when this all started with barnett's very own variety of a charity appeal was 'mismanaged' and many others have expressed their disgust at a whole slew of things he's done to them.
We all tend to work on the premise that anything barnett becomes involved with, he will eventually betray, threaten, intimidate or whatever he likes to do .. I'm sure it will all trundle along fine for a while but eventually, barnett will work his magic ...
My advice to people in terms of asking them to consider their UWL involvement is cautionary, nothing more ... I'm merely stating that in my opinion, he would be a disaster for the development of our sport under the UWL umbrella ....

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
To answer some points - I don't doubt for one second the UWL will continue; all that's being asked is, people think about what they are doing when signing on and effectively putting money into barnett's pockets thus consolidating barnett's infiltration in our sport.

There would be a virtually seamless change-over if barnett's position were to be replaced with more professional, and better liked/respected people took over.
I've already proposed the guys I think who could take us forward under the UWL format.
As Dusty implies, if something's wrong, and we do nothing about it, we cannot moan afterwards when things go ass up .... Simon Cole, Paul Banks, Jim Frensham .... etc etc etc all appreciate this point more acutely than most others.

Lovetone - you ask what has barnett done in the UWL?
I'm not really sure as to what specifically you ask, do you mean what has barnett done in the UWL to explain why I've asked people to consider their support for it?
If this is what you mean as against a more general question then I think it best explained by appreciating that people like barnett have a personality that's consistent and what he does in one field, he will do in another.

We've already been made aware of when this all started with barnett's very own variety of a charity appeal was 'mismanaged' and many others have expressed their disgust at a whole slew of things he's done to them.
We all tend to work on the premise that anything barnett becomes involved with, he will eventually betray, threaten, intimidate or whatever he likes to do .. I'm sure it will all trundle along fine for a while but eventually, barnett will work his magic ...
My advice to people in terms of asking them to consider their UWL involvement is cautionary, nothing more ... I'm merely stating that in my opinion, he would be a disaster for the development of our sport under the UWL umbrella ....
Thanks Robbo, that clears it up. So essentially this is more of a pre-emptive caution rather than a reaction to misdemeanors committed by Barnett within the UWL? Also does he have legal claim to the event or is he merely in appointment? Ergo could he be removed in some minor coup d'etat or would that change in appointment come from America?

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
@Lovetone, this will be your final warning. I'm deleting your blatant attempts to derail this thread, if you wish to start a new one to air your grievances against the moderating team or more specificaly me, do feel free in the correct forum, alternatively feel free to get in touch with @Robbo by either PM or email.

Failing that, the option to log out is still available to you given your obvious displeasure at being forced to read threads you clearly disagree with.

Any further off posts which are blatantly or perceived to be deliberately off topic will result in a ban, how long for depends entirely on my mood at that time. Fascist enough for you??

Reactions: Lovetone

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ollie, he has no claim to anything to do with the UWL - it's a name only appointment such that he can be hired and fired in a heartbeat.
It hasn't really taken off big time in any sense yet but I genuinely believe that the format is a step in the right direction in terms of trying to move this sport forward.
Tommy Cole in the US owns the UWL and he appoints people to manage it but it seems whoever recommended barnett for over here must either be a resident haemorrhoid of barnett's or indulging himself in a joke.
We'll see what Tommy does because we've all see how the courts in the US work and so nothing surprises me any more ... let's hope sanity prevails and Tommy prevents a disaster in the making.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Assuming barnett receives a salary from his position (which I trust is true, because the intial post implores punters to not line his pockets) that might impede summary dismissal from the post in lieu of some form of employment contract. Additionally, I am no expert but surely there are some employment laws precluding firing someone from a job because of some misdemeanour that might happen in the future.
That all sounds a bit like Minority Report. I'm open to being corrected on that one of course. https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/reasons-you-can-be-dismissed

Or, if it really is a name-only appointment and he can be hired and fired in a heartbeat, it would follow that his influence would be limiting - not least because any efforts he would input would have little relation to any beneficial gains, at least instant financial ones, on his part. If I am correct in my summarisation from reading the whole backstory, monetary gain appears to be barnetts primary driver.

Following from that, on the assumption that he gains money / power / influence from this position, what reason (other than idiocy, which, granted, could be the case) would he have for sabotaging in any way the success of the UWL series?

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not a supporter or detractor of anyone in any level of power in any sector of this industry.
Except Markie from the Firm. Ill always love Markie.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBiggaFigga

spsimon

Manchester Firm OG
Oct 9, 2006
The 15:11 transpennine express service to this thread has been cancelled due to derailment caused by sheep on the track

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Lovetone, every now and then one of our members slips past my radar and I end up picking up the thread somewhere down the line as it were.
I had never marked your card as an 'a$shole' before today but life is full of surprises as we both know.
And so, why act like a dick today?
It's a question I've asked many times in my time associated with this forum.
You can never tell what one day is gonna bring to the table it seems ...
If you got a problem with Jim, then just come to me and I'll be quite fair about it, and I'll tell you which door you can exit from ..... you get my drift?
Good !!

This is not some SS moderated forum here as you'd like to infer but I can understand why some people accuse us of that.
And this accusation has nothing to do with our mods really acting as bullying *******s seemingly hell-bent on eradicating all dissenting voices, it has everything to do with the personality of the people who the mods are dealing with at one particular time.
These days, people like yourself Lovetone, seem to possess an inflated sense of entitlement such that in your world, you say things [over the net] and there's never any consequences for you ...however, if you are rude to people in person, then you'll be served up just like anyone else but why do you expect to be all smart-ass on here and expect to be left alone?
This really isn't your house Lovetone, it never was nor will be, get used to that, it's not thrown at you as an excuse, it's said as a timely reminder for you to think where things could be going.

Perhaps you want to provoke a reaction, and it will be one that you won't like, or maybe it's what you want, either way, your membership here is on borrowed time if you continue with your attitude.
I don't remember having crossed swords with you and I'm kinda hoping this is an aberration on your part but if you're gonna be a smart-ass again, I'll dispense with your membership here and you can avail the other forums with your illustrious presence making sure the tumbleweeds don't moan you down as they trundle across your screen.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Assuming barnett receives a salary from his position (which I trust is true, because the intial post implores punters to not line his pockets) that might impede summary dismissal from the post in lieu of some form of employment contract. Additionally, I am no expert but surely there are some employment laws precluding firing someone from a job because of some misdemeanour that might happen in the future.
That all sounds a bit like Minority Report. I'm open to being corrected on that one of course. https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/reasons-you-can-be-dismissed

Or, if it really is a name-only appointment and he can be hired and fired in a heartbeat, it would follow that his influence would be limiting - not least because any efforts he would input would have little relation to any beneficial gains, at least instant financial ones, on his part. If I am correct in my summarisation from reading the whole backstory, monetary gain appears to be barnetts primary driver.

Following from that, on the assumption that he gains money / power / influence from this position, what reason (other than idiocy, which, granted, could be the case) would he have for sabotaging in any way the success of the UWL series?

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not a supporter or detractor of anyone in any level of power in any sector of this industry.
You posted this while I was writing my previous post and I'm happy to see you've maintained a civil and serious tongue ... thankyou for that.
I'll reply to your post in a few minutes ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

Lovetone, as much as I respect your grammar and the points you make, I need to try and set a few things straight here because it seems you are hell-bent on undermining anything, that either myself or my mods might be saying.
To compile a list of points, as you have done, whereby you conclude in asking, 'why would he wish to sabotage the UWL' is somewhat misleading and evades the obvious.

I've never said he would deliberately sabotage it - I've proposed alternate promoters who, in my opinion, are by far the best people to manage it if a fully-developed woodland tournament scene is what we're after here.
Our whole rec/scenario scene are fully aware of the great work Jim and Tim of Warped have done, and continue to do with their North v South big game.

They are a trusted outfit and if you search all the forums concerning what people think of Tim and Jim and their event, you won't be finding the sort of stuff that follows barnett around from event to event.

And the reason you won't find any crap similar to barnett's is because Jim and Tim are consummate professionals and do not try to screw anyone to the wall, or threaten to destroy others just because they run similar events.

barnett's goal in life revolves around two vices, money and power, he realises they go hand in hand and as such, get one and you get the other.
The UWL would give him industry influence that goes above and beyond what he deserves and what he can be trusted with - and of course, he wants to screw as much money as he can out of it but that's all but a means to an end.
He's looking at long-dollar motives here not short term' back-pocket' stuff ....

If down the line he could somehow use his position on the UWL to bolster or profit shoreline or any other company he may control, he would do it in a second and think nothing of it Lovetone.
The UWL to him is merely instrumental, nothing more than that.
He will milk every possible detail to suit his own personal companies to the detriment of the UWL, he has no loyalties outside of himself - if you haven't been able to figure that out already then you really do need to read some more.
And so, please, please stay polite and everything will remain hunky dory ......

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
To summarise, tb is not out to sabotage anything (except those he sees as competition), but rather he's out to be the top dog. Nothing wrong with that, but he feels he can do it by any means necessary. Some people gain influence by doing things for the good of paintball, he gains influence as a means to enrich himself. If that results in paintball doing well, that's fine. If that results in paintball dying a horrible death, that's fine too.

Reactions: Biscuit