Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Confused NooB!!

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
Just thought i`d say hi, i`m just getting into paintball and looking for some advice.
i live in Bishops stortford in herts, and have found a few sites near to me (skirmish, mayhem, bricketwood and campaign). i`m going to stick to punter days for a bit then start walk-ons.
i`m looking to get a marker that will do well in walk-ons(or at least be decent!) but i can still take for a bit of punter hunting when my mates go for birthdays etc. so got to be mech yes???
(i will probably get a second marker for supair as i can see myself gettin into that in a big way! budget is not really a problem.
i am looking to get into marshalling too, so any help or tips for that would be great!!
also any other advice or help you have i am a sponge!!! :D
thanks for any help!
Dave

p.s i am also looking for a decent shop in the area, can anyone recommend??
as i want to try some masks etc.

p.p.s. sorry there are so many questions!!! :D:D:D

jacktheman2

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2007
London
www.shutterimages.co.uk
Hi there and welcome.

On your little question about marshaling if your planning on working on a sight you will be getting training they will teach you the basics and all you need to know about marshaling. Each sight have there own way of running things it's just getting used to the way they run the place after a wile you get used to the flow of the place and your job will become much more easier . You have to be prepared to work hard just like another job you have to be a people person i know that sounds wired but you do, be confident and you'll be on your way to becoming a marshal. I hope this helps you thats about it but if you need any more info please let me know and i can only say these things because i have been all thought it my self.

Evilbug

Apr 16, 2007
Welcome

If your are wanting to marshall, then out of your list speak to the people at Mayhem first. I started marshalling there and still do the occasional day, when they need the experts in. It is a great site to work at, and great site to start at with all the different areas.
Yorkie at Bricket wood also runs a great site they dont have as many secanrios as Mayhem, but they now hold the UKM South, which shows the work he has put in since taking over and every weekend has Sup air players training, so move to this afterwards.

Marker wise, if you are just doing walk ons then to tourney, then any electronic marker will do (PMR are a good start) If you will be playing with normal punters who will be using normal site supplied markers then most sites do not allow electronic ones to be used unless it is a private group.

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
Welcome

If your are wanting to marshall, then out of your list speak to the people at Mayhem first. I started marshalling there and still do the occasional day, when they need the experts in. It is a great site to work at, and great site to start at with all the different areas.
Marker wise, if you are just doing walk ons then to tourney, then any electronic marker will do (PMR are a good start) If you will be playing with normal punters who will be using normal site supplied markers then most sites do not allow electronic ones to be used unless it is a private group.
thanks, mayhem would definately be my 1st choice. i guess i just go up there and talk to people??
as for markers i`m looking to get 2, one for punter days that can hold its own at walk ons and one for sup`air. so basically one mech and one electro.
i was thinking euromag and PMR. opinions???

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Well, if your budget allows it and you think you're going to get really involved in sup'air you might want to consider a second-hand eclipse marker (Etek or Ego5/6) as they're easy to maintain and are fantastic markers for the money) for a bit more than a PMR. Don't know mechs very well so I'll leave that for someone else :eek:

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
personal feelings would be go for a tippman a5 for woodsball and then an ion for the sup air. tippmans tend to be the mainstay of woodsball markers from what iv seen, exept for those who do both woods and sup air and they userually use their sup air marker. ions are a good marker for sup air, better than basic and will see you through to tourny level happily.

your one hell of a lucky guy if budget isnt an issue.

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
Pmrs are great gats for supair and woodland so why dont you think of pooling the money together to get ome great gay imastead of two, just an idea

MJ