Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

couple of questions

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just been reading through the rules on air bottles / CO2 bottles and I'm to thick to work a couple of things out!

1) Air / CO2 bottles over 1/2 a litre require retesting, I get that bit. So old 3.5oz CO2 bottles etc don't need retesting as they are under 1/2 a litre. What about if they are DOT to start of with, does the whole pi / DOT thing apply under 1/2 a litre?

2) Can people like HPac retest a DOT bottle to make it legal to use in the UK?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Just been reading through the rules on air bottles / CO2 bottles and I'm to thick to work a couple of things out!

1) Air / CO2 bottles over 1/2 a litre require retesting, I get that bit. So old 3.5oz CO2 bottles etc don't need retesting as they are under 1/2 a litre. What about if they are DOT to start of with, does the whole pi / DOT thing apply under 1/2 a litre?

2) Can people like HPac retest a DOT bottle to make it legal to use in the UK?
Bit of an odd one this, there is one view that if a bottle does not reqiure testing then it is technically not classified as dot or hse/pi. Which would mean that it's ok to use anywhere.

As far as i know it's not possible to retest a dot bottle to hse/pi certification, but it's possible to get dot bottles retested in this country to dot spec.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
thanks Tom, considering importing a new 3.5oz or one of those 13cu ninja bottles for an idea I've had from the states, hence the question.

smelly_bandit

Mar 13, 2009
thanks Tom, considering importing a new 3.5oz or one of those 13cu ninja bottles for an idea I've had from the states, hence the question.

stoppppppppppp!! unload

do not i say again do not import from the states.

you will end up like me gobbing off about your snazzy new bottle of a an "unnamed" forum :eek:, and then having it pointed out that you cant use the thing :mad: on top of being berated for not supporting the uk trade.

now i gotta shell out 150 sheets for my stupidity

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
H-pac can not legally touch DOT bottles, they couldn't even change the pin valve on my 7oz CO2 for an on/off.

Companies can not fill or modify DOT bottles becuase they do not meet EU standards and their insurance will not cover them.

You can use them and fill them yourself but bare in mind any life/accident insurance you have yourself won't cover you if you do use them.

As far as I am aware the size exemption only applies to 2 inch CO2 bottles not Air but I could be wrong.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Thanks for the info all, its a vague idea for a back-up pump to actually carry in the field as it were for long games.

It will probably come to nowt but would be strapped across my back in some kind of scabbard (if you've seen Evil Dead you'll get the image) though I think the drawing it over my shoulder may prove difficult!

Hence the desire for a small tank, not sure how many shots I'd squeeze out of 12 grams of CO2. However the risks seems to great to take based on your comments.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I've played with a gun that had a soda stream bottle on it back in the late 80s :) they are just a tad heavy :)

There were some cheap new 9oz bottles on ebay.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Cheers mate I'll have a look on flea-bay, bit off topic but anyone know if a razorback pump has ajustable velocity?

Oh and Andygoth, what do you get out of 12 grams of co2 on your phantoms?