Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dear Millennium organisers:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Pete,
In all this X-Ball Europe one thing isn't clear to me. Do certain individuals on the Euro side have contractual control over how or whether X-ball is promoted in Europe?
If so, then I understand the problem--at least from the teams side of the equation. If not, I wonder if there doesn't exist the possibility of an alternative option.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Pete,
In all this X-Ball Europe one thing isn't clear to me. Do certain individuals on the Euro side have contractual control over how or whether X-ball is promoted in Europe?
If so, then I understand the problem--at least from the teams side of the equation. If not, I wonder if there doesn't exist the possibility of an alternative option.

Paul, there is a verbal agreement of sorts between certain individuals regarding the licensing of X-Ball in Europe, it has not been formalised yet as the sands seem to be shifting on that one as certain events unfold.
As for what you hint, would that it could be made possible but X-Ball has to be piggy-backed and herein lies the problem for any enterprising, imaginative, free-thinking, ballsy individual(s) or company.

Pete

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Robbo

I also heard about 25 000 or 30 000 Usd.
But the deal was that the x-ball teams would pay entry to the EXL and not to the millennium events. But additional costs would be covered.
I said then that I would be glad to have Joy in for x-ball but I could not do Joy masters.

IF we had a proposal that covered the loss of 8 European pro teams I would be able to make it.

Really simple actuelly, but do you think we could get 8 Euro teams that can pay that kind of money?

Nick, if Denmark is playing X-ball and Ducklings is playing Joy Masters I wont lose 1 European pro teams entry. Its simple as that. And I have nothing to hide. If I lose 8 Pro entrys I cant make Joy masters, do you understand my problem?

Magued

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Robbo

--> is there any reason why someone with contacts could not run an X ball type tournament series totally separate from the Milennnium series? Therefore not clashing with the Series, and not resulting in PRO teams withdrawing from tourneys like JOY and MEGA?

Then the teams like Nexus, RL, Ton Tons and any PRO other teams could play that had the cash.

I guess what i am trying to say is is there a reason why X ball could not be organised outside of the Millennuim series format?

sam

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbo

Originally posted by Magued
I also heard about 25 000 or 30 000 Usd.
But the deal was that the x-ball teams would pay entry to the EXL and not to the millennium events. But additional costs would be covered.
I said then that I would be glad to have Joy in for x-ball but I could not do Joy masters.
IF we had a proposal that covered the loss of 8 European pro teams I would be able to make it.
Really simple actuelly, but do you think we could get 8 Euro teams that can pay that kind of money?
Magued
Mag,
firstly, as u say, the amount being bandied around was that figure but in reality, it would need not have been anywhere near that.
I sat down with a few others and worked out a rough guess-timate as to what was needed from say 8 teams, but also I factored in a degree of financial support from the promoters, in this case, the ones who were to be direct beneficiaries.
All this meant that the teams had to put no more than 2000 USD in.
Could we have gotten 8 teams in ?
Good question, I don't honestly know but that’s because we never really tried for God's sake.
You could, we could, Ducklings looked as tho they could, Russians could as well as Ton Tons, well that's five right there.
We only needed another three !!!!
Not enough effort was put into getting the other three as you well know and this is not a criticism of you in any way because this was not your responsibility.
But it all beggars the question, if we can ask 3000 USD from the Nation’s cup teams, why the frikkin hell wasn't that opportunity extended to the original proposal ?

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Robbo / Nick

Robbo

Do you mean 2000 usd/event team? I think we could get 8 teams easy!
Well.. this is why I wanted you att that F***ing meeting!

Nick.

The European X-ball legue teams would not have played both Millennium and X-ball. And it wouldnt have been possible as you would have played at least 3-4 x-ball games at each event. Like the US teams.

That is what Magued is saying :)

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
if there is only a verbal agreement on xball in europe then why doesn't a rich promoter take over the organisation, at the momnt (using a football term) we have the FA from various countries trying to be UEFA or FIFA.

if a rich promoter took over the EXL then he would stump the bill for the setting up but would in return get money back from TV, entry, advertising and sponsorship and would bropapbly get good returns. then the event would either be set as country or team based (if team then it could be invitational in Pro and enrty in other levels - if other levels showed enough interest; if it were country based then a group from each countries 'FA' would select a team for every event from all the players of that country. this would cause each country to possibly have a different team due to players becomming better/worse).

all now we have to do is get some one to shell out the money for it, does anyone know some one who would; people like Rupert Murdoch would have the balls but has anyone asked him?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbo / Nick

Originally posted by Magued
Robbo
Do you mean 2000 usd/event team? I think we could get 8 teams easy!
Well.. this is why I wanted you att that F***ing meeting!
Magued, yes I am saying 2000 USD for each team !!!!
The rest being picked up by the promoters, remember, no judging costs as this was to be done by the X-Ball teams themselves and no scoreboard / hardware costs as Richmond was supplying that all free.
The commentators jobs were pretty much sorted and this was going to be done for free also.

So that's $16,000 plus the promoters / X-Ball license owners input.

And Phil Webb from Smart Parts called me yesterday and he bought up a great point and that was:-
'Nobody has called me to see if I want to support this'

And it's true, we could have gone to the industry over here and got a few bucks to help out but no, did we heck !!!
The more I think about the way all this has unfolded, the more I think WTF !!!!

Pete

PS And nobody told me you wanted me at that meeting !!!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by upsupball
if there is only a verbal agreement on xball in europe then why doesn't a rich promoter take over the organisation, at the momnt (using a football term) we have the FA from various countries trying to be UEFA or FIFA.

if a rich promoter took over the EXL then he would stump the bill for the setting up but would in return get money back from TV, entry, advertising and sponsorship and would bropapbly get good returns. then the event would either be set as country or team based (if team then it could be invitational in Pro and enrty in other levels - if other levels showed enough interest; if it were country based then a group from each countries 'FA' would select a team for every event from all the players of that country. this would cause each country to possibly have a different team due to players becomming better/worse).

all now we have to do is get some one to shell out the money for it, does anyone know some one who would; people like Rupert Murdoch would have the balls but has anyone asked him?

Even if somebody did come in and even if Richmond did hand it over to somebody else more able, X-Ball still needs to be piggy backed onto a circuit so that it can run alongside an existing tournament.
If this was done, I can't see any of the Millennium being too sympathetic to the staging of an X-Ball side show at their tournaments just after it's been stripped off them.