Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DeltaForce Paintballing

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
FYI the rates for pay are as follows.

All marshals work from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM this is what they are contracted to work.
If the work is done before 6:30PM they still get paid until 6:30PM, it also works the other way, if the work is not done by 6:30PM you are expected to stay on until its been completed for the same pay.

Just so you know the current NMW rates are as follows.
Year21 and over18 to 20Under 18Apprentice*
2012 (current rate) £6.19 £4.98 £3.68 £2.65

Marshals get paid £40 Per day + 15% in whats called London Waiting Bonus, that makes your wage £46 after tax and national insurance. Add 30% for NI and PAYE = £59.8 Per day Gross. Divide that by 11 hours = £5.43 Per hour. (So yes a marshal that starts work at Delta force that is over the age of 21 is being paid below NMW. However you will find that Managers are trained to bump staff over 21 up-to Game runner as soon as possible to meet NMW requirements.)

Game runners get paid £45 Per day +15% London waiting bonus. Net wage is £51.75 + 30% PAYE and NI = Gross wage of £67.27, divide by 11 Hours equals an hourly wage of £6.20. ( Just about meets NMW)

Senior Marshals get paid £50 Per day +15% London waiting bonus. Net wage is £57.50 + 30% PAYE and NI = Gross wage of £74.75, divide by 11 Hours equals an hourly wage of £6.70.

Assistant Managers get paid £55 Per day +15% London waiting bonus. Net wage is £63.25 + 30% PAYE and NI = Gross wage of £82.22 divide by 11 Hours equals an hourly wage of £7.47.

Managers on average earn a wage of between £20,000 and £30,000 OTE ( This depends on the site and the manager)

So the wages do meet NMW, however NMW will rise in October this year so i expect they will look into wages again.
I agree its not the best wage ever, however for part time work that is very flexible ( ie if you dont want to work you dont have to) its not all that bad and i could think of much worse employers.

Last edited:
Reactions: outcast

mctractorboy

Brotherhood - Gething
Mar 30, 2004
Newport
sorry to bump this. I worked at Delta Force for a pretty long time and never saw this 'waiting bonus'.

Plus most marshals who work at delta force don't actually get paid enough to get taxed however they still get paid £40/£45 per day which equates to £4.00/£4.50 p/h. Which is below NMW.

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Nah I got to agree here, I worked at one of there sites myself for nearly 3 years from marshal to assistant manager and those calculations are absolute horse crap! I know of quite a few guys that got hit with a tax bill. There was no bonus at all unless you booked a group in. Im told now staff have to buy there own lunch or bring there own where as we had lunch given back then.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
sorry to bump this. I worked at Delta Force for a pretty long time and never saw this 'waiting bonus'.

Plus most marshals who work at delta force don't actually get paid enough to get taxed however they still get paid £40/£45 per day which equates to £4.00/£4.50 p/h. Which is below NMW.
It does not matter whether you are taxed or not. Minimum wage is the pre-deduction rate. Tax, NI etc
If you are on minimum wage and any deduction is made then your take home pay can be below the minimum wage amount, if no deductions apply then you should take home the minimum wage amount.

You should get a payslip with all the details.

The amounts you have given equate to a 10 hour day. Note also that the time that you are at a paintball site may not be the time you are working. (It may be but if its you're not officialy marked as working then you're not getting paid for it - e.g. if you arrive half an hour before the start time and leave half an hours after the end time, then you may be working an hour less than you think)

Nah I got to agree here, I worked at one of there sites myself for nearly 3 years from marshal to assistant manager and those calculations are absolute horse crap! I know of quite a few guys that got hit with a tax bill. There was no bonus at all unless you booked a group in. Im told now staff have to buy there own lunch or bring there own where as we had lunch given back then.
A free, or subsidised lunch could be considered a benefit and offset against pay. It is quite obvious that a company car (unless exclusively for business use) is a benefit and the tax man takes for it. Less obvious benefits are subsidised/free meals, free parking, getting picked up by the company, taxis etc.

If there is a valid claim that DF are paying below minimum wage or that you were paid below minimum wage then you can reclaim back pay and DF are in trouble.

mctractorboy

Brotherhood - Gething
Mar 30, 2004
Newport
I thought that if for example you work 20 hours over the month at minimum wage rates for example , you would not be deducted any tax as you would not have earned the required threshold to get taxed ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I thought that if for example you work 20 hours over the month at minimum wage rates for example , you would not be deducted any tax as you would not have earned the required threshold to get taxed ?
Right and wrong
If you are only working 20 hours a month at the highest minimum wage £6.31, thats £126.20 per month, or £1,514.40, which is way below the £9,440 allowance for someone born after 5/4/1948 (monthly allowance £786.67)
If that is the only income then there is no tax liability

1) If DF is your only job at 10 hours per week then you do not need to pay tax (But might *)
2) If DF is your only job but you do more hours, e.g. more then 31 hours then you start paying tax on the excess (£786.67 / £6.31 / 4 = about 31 hours per week)
3) If I get a job at DF then I already exceed my allowance on my day job so should pay tax on every £ earned from DF

* Employers need to know your employment status for tax purposes
Case 2 is reasonably obvious. The employer can assume this is your primary job, gives you your full allowance and taxes you on the balance
Case 1 and 2 are not so obvious. Does the employer pay you all of your money, or assume a weekend job is a second job, ignore the allowance and tax you on all the pay to be safe
There is also another option - if I am already earning a high wage then the second income could push the threshold into higher rate income tax

If I stop working during the FY year, and get no further income then I will be due a tax refund as the tax I pay every month is based on a twelth of my allowance.
If I don't work at the start of the FY and begin working during the year then I am not liable to pay tax on my income until the month that I pass the threshold, then my take home pay drops as I pay tax at that stage.

Check your wage slip and see whether you are being taxed, decide whether you should be paying tax
Discuss it with the employer and if necessary the tax man

If the employer does not deduct income tax then you are liable for it, effectively becoming self employed and declaring your income(s) to the taxman yourself.

Someone with multiple jobs has the option of getting multiple tax codes to be used against each wage. Multiple incomes can become messy and people often find the taxman coming to them with a bill, or having to claim a tax rebate

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I worked at Delta Force for a pretty long time and never saw this 'waiting bonus'.
The 'waiting bonus' is a bit badly described.

The correct term is 'London weighting allowance'

It's not relevant to minimum wage, but a top up paid by companies (if they choose to) who operate both inside and outside of London, to take into accout additional living costs of living in or travelling into London.
If you have two employees doing the same job, one in London, one outside of London then they both get the basic pay rate for that job but the London employee gets an additional top up to their wage.