Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

different way of filming games

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
Its a good idea, picture qualities pretty good, not as jittery as I was expecting when it first took off, there are some really good angles and shots.

Couple of questions
How long can the copter stay up?
Have you tried it during a game?
Can the copter take a hit if the worst comes to the worst?

the yorkie man

training at bricket wood
Mar 7, 2004
romford essex
www.bricketwoodpaintball.co.uk
Its a good idea, picture qualities pretty good, not as jittery as I was expecting when it first took off, there are some really good angles and shots.

Couple of questions
How long can the copter stay up?
Have you tried it during a game?
Can the copter take a hit if the worst comes to the worst?
copter should fly for about 5 mins on a full charge should be 10-15 but the added weight if the camera reduces flight time
yes but untill my flying skills get better I WONT BE TRYING THAT AGAIN LOL
its had some hard landings so i recon it might take one or two

thanks for your in put

the yorkie man

training at bricket wood
Mar 7, 2004
romford essex
www.bricketwoodpaintball.co.uk
I think the temptation to shoot it would be too much for some people .... it did look quite shaky to me though ...
true this is a mixture of the protor type mount and the fact the camera only films at 30fps but its as i say all proto type stuff at the moment but thanks for your thoughts i will try and work on it
as for the fact of players shooting it, alot of the decent footage the camera was about 60 feet up in the air so im not to worried about it lol:D

cheers
yorkie

MattyD

Jan 19, 2011
I think its really good, but the camera looks wobbly and its probably also because the type of camera, get a nice contourhd 1080p on that and you`ll be laughing

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
If you go whatch black hawk down ( yorkie's version ;) ) you can see wahat it is like during a game, and that really wowed me.

The camera looked a bit iffy on the one you posted here, but you got some really cool shots of the break out in the other one.

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
did this a few years back, i'll give you a few hints!
1. the bigger the heli the more stable it is
2. electric has less wobble than nitro
3. to get it spot on it will cost you about 6k-14k

I used an electric joker ....http://www.joker-usa.com/maxi-joker2.htm
which is the largest electric heli you can get. it had full stabilisation so you take your hands off and it is stationary. Still have the heli,blades motor and esc if you are interrested in getting into it has no electrics bar those bits tho, i'll it in in plat classifieds if you want! or will swap for a nice marker!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This brings up a good point here actually because it was never really the technical aspect of filming our game that was the problem; in fact, the Gardners spunked a big fat million bucks into the technical side of filming which pretty much had the whole spectrum of possible camera shooting angles done for the final production ... the problem was ... the lack of a focal point in the game ... it is our Achilles heel I'm afraid.

In essence, all we have is a bunch of guys running to big fat colored inflatable things, pulling their triggers and then random players just getting up and walking off the field .. some players may do a run to liven things up every now and again but never enough to cure our problem I'm afraid.
The video demographic for paintball is always gonna be paintballers ..