Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Driveby !!

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
an assembelled marker in a public place is technically a section 5 firearm if memory serves. same as an air rifle...

either way, depending on the mood of her majesty it could probally be either:
Assualt
ABH
GBH
Assualt with intent to cause grevious bodily harm
Assualt with a deadly weapon
attempted manslaughter

depends on what the can prove i belive..someone with more legal know how will fill us in im sure.

im not sure that cries of "string em up by the balls" are a particulary good idea though. Im sure some of the media types could be watching and reading as this is a pbulic site, and the last thing anyone wants is a front page quote of "string em up" on the daily hate or P and J.

I am as guilty as anyone of the above, but in hindsight perhaps we should take it down a notch.
I have to agree but isn't it attempted murder ? Not manslaughter as manslaughter is death with out you meaning to cause death. Correct me if I am wrong. not picking fault here it just interests me.

Skeet

Platinum Member
it says she was shot at point blank range.:S i would call point blank 2 ft away . gary could you clear this up have the newspapers put this in to exaggerate the story
Technically, Point Blank is defined by the type of weapon and the bullet/projectile being fired. All it refers to, is that if you shoot at a target with that weapon combination, Point Blank range for that weapon is when you would normally hit the target, without compensating by moving the barrel up or down (elevation).
Say for example, the SA80. Point blank for that is about 300m and is what they zero them at. Reason being, if you aim at the middle of a man sized target up to 300m away, you are likely to hit it.
You do have a close and distant point blank range too.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Technically, Point Blank is defined by the type of weapon and the bullet/projectile being fired. All it refers to, is that if you shoot at a target with that weapon combination, Point Blank range for that weapon is when you would normally hit the target, without compensating by moving the barrel up or down (elevation).
Say for example, the SA80. Point blank for that is about 300m and is what they zero them at. Reason being, if you aim at the middle of a man sized target up to 300m away, you are likely to hit it.
You do have a close and distant point blank range too.
So how near (or far) roughly would a paintball gun be to be described as "point blank," Skeet?

Skeet

Platinum Member
So how near (or far) roughly would a paintball gun be to be described as "point blank," Skeet?
Hard to say. If we assume that the designated target for a Paintballer, is a man sized object and that the marker is held at a height of 1.5m above the ground...well, quite a long way.

I mean, if your standing still and fire at a stationary target and then consider the drop in trajectory, from 0-20/30m?

I would expect to hit any person within that range without having to consider dropping or raising the barrel.

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
just to add a simalar thing happend to me before i started playing,
i was walking home from school one day sevral yeas ago as a bus came past and very quickly 3 blue splats appered on the wall becide me i can remember how lucky i felt then but it does prove how this thing can happen

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
It does happen more often than you think. This just was unfortunate because the ball found a face!

"She was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for checks and was found to have sustained no serious injuries."

Good news really it would just be a reckless ABH definately not attempted murder:rolleyes:

Sad to read:( They won't be paintballers that did this - probably stole the gear?

Skeet

Platinum Member
We should also consider, that we are assuming that the splats came from a Marker, but they could easily have come from one of the "Toys" that you can buy, that fire .50 or smaller balls or even those blow pipes that fire them.

As pointed out, there aren't many paints with a pink fill any more or a pink shell.

The media hype, will make it appear to us that it was from a marker, as that is the assumption that they and the victims will make. It doesn't say how close the car was etc and the assailants were not caught (yet) so no weapon is available to confirm our suspicions.

Hi Shelley!:D

EDIT: Looking at the original post, it appears that Enid was there, so...can he confirm he heard or saw a marker?

big kid

couldnt stay away
Nov 23, 2005
with the web toes
Visit site
things like this really bug me

last week i got arrested on suspision of criminal damage but later released when a local shop was covered in paint from a paintball gun.

the local community (pretend) officer knew i played and decided that i was guilty so he sent the real police round to get me at 11.35 at night

turns out that the shop had been selling those little splat guns with the smaller paintballs to all the kids on the estate up the road but they had forgotten to mention that.

they even took one of my guns air bottles and hoppers and a pod of paint for tests(which im still waiting to get back).

they got the little sods in the end but what can they do with 8 year olds.

hopefully they will catch the guys that did the driveby and give them what they deserve.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
no matter how hard people try this type of thing will not stop in this day and age, the comment about make it like airsoft? but then the classfieds forum would go, are you a member? no? then go away? gonna be like that is it not? people want to make a quick buck so if someone offers 5 large for the latest ion with the upgrades yourgoing to snap his hand off. there are loop holes in this, you can buy a bright green airsoft gun without a licence,shoots the same no?
as soon as this type of thing happens we all know about it, but in reality its quite rare it happens, what 5 a year? on average? what about all the people who get twatted with hammers and spades, do we have to have a licence to fix our own homes? golf? do we have to have your 6 year old son bonding session stopped? licence and have to wait till your 18 to do it?
no matter how hard people try this is going to happen, id actually go as far to say that it was a former paintballer, ot with his mates, one bright spark mentions it, then peer pressure gives in and brat brat brat.
it will never change, just accept it the way it is and keep loving the sport.