Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Rota

Mad Monk

DOG SOLDIERS!!
Oct 8, 2009
Mighty Stoke On Trent
Hi Guys

Just ordered a Dye rota hopper, is this top of the range? Could i have brought something cheaper that was still as good? or have i made the right decision and brought a good one? :confused:

Thanks alot

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi

Many hoppers will feed the required 10.5 bps.

It does have some good features though.

It takes 3 AA batteries and lasts ages with them.

It can be stripped in seconds to be cleaned without tools. I can not stress how much of an innovation that is!

The only flaw is the price but I have been using one for a while and it has not let me down.

With any luck you have bought a Gen 3 as they have all the improvements that Dye have made through the year. Notably the addition of the velcro straps to hold the batteries in and the 'shark fin' on the arm.

Any of these upgrades can be sourced from Dye if you have any issues with your Rotor.

Regards

Ed

Mad Monk

DOG SOLDIERS!!
Oct 8, 2009
Mighty Stoke On Trent
Thanks guys did buy a 2nd hand empire reloader? sound activated one? New to paintball so not 100% clued up, didn't have much luck with that so thought just buy new. Glad the feedback tells me i've made a good choice and hopefully won't have any problems!

Thanks muchly john

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
I thought there was only a 2nd Gen rotor, as far as i knew the velcro straps were in the 1st Gen rotors and the anti jam fin in the 2nd Gen. Whats in the third gen?

Ad i used to run an empire b2 hopper, good little hopper but it was a pain stripping it down with all the screws to take out and the risk of catching any of the wires and damaging them. The rotor as said before is childsplay to strip down (infact theres a vid on youtube of a child striping one down in seconds). Pluss you do not even have to programme it, unlike the B2, there is no mike setting, no tension setting and no speed. And no eyes either!

Teres not alot that can go wrong on a rotor :) (apart from some cases of them not liking reballs)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
naa the 1st gen rotors didnt have the velcro straps in. i baught mine a month after they were released and mine didnt have the velcro straps in.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I run an Emprie reloader 2 and whilst it is an excellent hopper, which has never given trouble - the battery life and ease of cleaning make the rotor a better choice if you have the wedge.