Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

eclipse cocker issue, help required

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Well Salva, i suggest that you stop reading this NOW;)

I picked up the gun from the post office and had an initial look at it, pulling the back block and cocking rod backwards revealed something wrong straight away as i was only getting maybe 1cm of movement. I dropped the bolt and back block out and stripped the rex dialer, to find it in several pieces inside the gun. The valve still felt smooth so i just re-assembled the rex dialer and put it back in. The result was a smooth cocking action.:)
I cocked the gun and gassed it up, pulling the trigger fired a single shot but then the gun didn't re-cock? It attempted too but the cocking ram just seemed to jam as tho it was pressurising both sides of the ram simultaneously.:(
I thought maybe the solenoid gasket had blown or maybe the cocking ram piston seals perished but both were ok.
As Salva had stated that Belsales thought it was electrical i decided to switch the boards with a spare E1 that i had in kitbag, just to eliminate an electrical fault and to my suprise the gun fired and re-cocked?
I rattled off a few shots just to make sure and it ran smoothly, so i figured i'd switch back to the Zero-b to see if i could figure what had blown on the board?
This is the bit that stumped me as i'd not ungassed the gun as i switched boards back and when i got the Zero-b back in, the gun fired and recocked?
I retraced what i'd done and figured out the problem, the cocking solenoid plug and the sear plug were put in the wrong holes on the board.:rolleyes:
I took it to work today and unloaded 3 hoppers thru it at 15bps and it ran faultlessly.:cool:
My nickname is Lucky because "i'm not" but on this occasion i appear to have come good, buying a cheap broken gun which turned out to need nothing more than a quick seeing too. 1 and a half hours...job done:):):)
I think there's a moral in there somewhere?

nice one Lucky ;)

Salva

A Few guid Men
Dec 17, 2007
Scotland
probably :p dont jump to conclusions and sell things off haha, was gonna sell it anyway so im not all that bothered.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
I've felt like giving up on my cocker a few times. Stuck with it though and now i know the signs of a broken cocker and how to fix em more or less :D, im sure cliff's had his fair share of broken cockers too.

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
I've felt like giving up on my cocker a few times. Stuck with it though and now i know the signs of a broken cocker and how to fix em more or less :D, im sure cliff's had his fair share of broken cockers too.
Yep..But all the fun to fix them...Had one tried in training a week before a tourney & was great...Went onto a field, first game, it started coughing like a horse....New one on me...:eek:...Just changed back to my DC2..no problem..

Cliff...:D

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Most recent problem was not enough Fps.. changed the main spring and ta daaaa, but i konw something else will pop at nvs... :D They are a tinker's gun, theres always something to tweek/fix..

(back up ftw)

Hawkins :p

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Ps Salva.
Just to clarify things i didn't reply to cloat or take the pea, i just thought you'd like to know:cool:

I once had a renault that was allergic to suits:mad: No really!

It would drive reliably, day in, day out, until you put a suit on, and then perfectly timed it'd break down.
I changed everything on that car and still it broke down. I even had 3 RAC vans trying to fix it when it broke down 12 times in 7 miles on my way to a friends wedding......the RAC guys wouldn't tow me out of principle as they didn't want to be beaten. After the wedding when it didn't matter....it drove straight home without a hitch:eek:

Possessed i tell ya:(

But the point of this story is that as much as that car taunted me, i still to this day would like to know what the problem was:eek: