Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ego 8 reg problem

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
my ego 08 reg leaks from the apature half way up the main body of the regulator. so fai i have:
-cleaned the reg
-changed all the orings (top of reg, inline adjuster screw x2, swivel collarx2)

otherwise the marker is fine, when i change a reg its consitent accurate and all that jazz so i think it is purley a reg problem...however I am open to suggestions.

Cheers
Whitey

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
did you put oil / lube (cant remember which it is for regs) on something you shouldn't of, Have you put the shims in correctly? Im not really sure, im just taking a guess haha :)

T

TendringLOEB

Right, is it leaking from the top small hole in the reg? Or the joint between the swivel and the reg casing?

If it's from the hole, then perhaps try another o-ring change and a relube, particularly the large piston o-ring. If still not right, try using a slightly oversized one.

If it's from the reg swivel, then this may help you:

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94067

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
is it possibly (and im just throwing this out there) because youve annoed yer ego 08? possibly like 1/1000 chance of it happening but your the unlucky 1.

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
it is a possibility. the problem (whatever the hell it is) seems to be as a result of the bottom half of the regulator. I swaped over parts from other 08 ego regs.

far as i can tell its not a problem with:
the orings
the spring
the swivel collar
the regulator piston itself
or the inline adjuster screw.

so yeah...unless anyone got any other ideas...think im ****ed.