Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 9 air

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Planet recommends HP on all eclipse markers.
You can still use LP as many have, without problems.

The only problem you could encounter with LP, is shootdown at high rates of fire, but if you have a LP reg that has a fast recharge rate(ie, crossfire), there should'nt be any problems.

Scotty J M

UK Asylum Div 1 CPPS
Mar 10, 2008
Brackley
The only problem you could encounter with LP, is shootdown at high rates of fire, but if you have a LP reg that has a fast recharge rate(ie, crossfire), there should'nt be any problems.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by shootdown?

gadge

Team Kinetic
Sep 7, 2005
Tidworth/Leicester/Exeter
What he means by shootdown is -

When shooting slowly your gun will perform fine but when shooting at a high rate of fire your gun is not being supplied by enough air to cycle correctly. You will notice this by your paint starting to drop off ie not getting the same range. Then when you slow down it will start to cycle correctly. Somtimes this depends how your gun is set up (dwell ect) but more likley caused by the reg on the bottle not supplying air fast enough. With a good Hp Reg your going to elliminate that from the off.

Although our guys have run 08 Egos on both Low and High pressure regs with no problems at all, all season.

One thing we are doing this year is run our teams Geos on Hp Due to how they have been designed to perform in regards to input pressure.

I hope this helps a little

Scotty J M

UK Asylum Div 1 CPPS
Mar 10, 2008
Brackley
cheers!

so they still perform good with a LP bottle! does it keep to the 12.5 bps well? or does it have drop off?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
cheers!

so they still perform good with a LP bottle! does it keep to the 12.5 bps well? or does it have drop off?
I would'nt be worried with 12 bps, you should be fine.

I have 3 markers setup , all with LP bottles. They have been fine for the past 2 seasons.