Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ego 9 swivel collar question

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Alright chaps,
We are (my team) about to take delivery of a batch of 09's and intend on doing a bit of swapping around with the ccus on them.
Now I know that it is quite a simple process to do the on/off, trigger,feedneck etc but can you tell me if the 90 degree elbow on the swivel collar will need to be removed in order to swop it around?
If so are they loctited in with the real hard stuff or will it be an easy thing to remove using a hairdryer etc to soften? only asking as I dont wanna risk scratching the anno or anything like that. Any tips appreciated:)

(sorry if its a dumb question but with ££££££££££'s just being spent I/we dont wanna go messing and knacker em up:cool:)

Many thanks

-ChEf

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
The elbows on the 09s are loctited in but this year we have started to use red loctite instead of the green. This will allow you to remove the elbows a little easier but i would still recommend using a little heat as it always helps the loctite to go a little softer and ease the elbow out.

Quick tip find an old oops and screw it onto the reg to give you a little more leverage and stop you from cutting your hands to bits on the thread.:)

gadge

Team Kinetic
Sep 7, 2005
Tidworth/Leicester/Exeter
Also when removing the elbow and collar you will see a small white golf tee that sits inside the elbow please ensure you dont loose it and ensure it gets replaced as its part of the purging system when you degass the marker.

Hope this helps

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
Also when removing the elbow and collar you will see a small white golf tee that sits inside the elbow please ensure you dont loose it and ensure it gets replaced as its part of the purging system when you degass the marker.

Hope this helps
The white golf tee looking device is only fitted to the Geo so if its only Egos that your playing with then don't worry about it if it's Geos then you must refit it into the elbow before it's fitted.:)

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
The white golf tee looking device is only fitted to the Geo so if its only Egos that your playing with then don't worry about it if it's Geos then you must refit it into the elbow before it's fitted.:)
we are mainly getting in ego 9s and wont be messing with the one geo thats coming in. Thanks for your advice chaps, just wanna get my grubby mits on the gats now:D

-ChEf