Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Axe transfer tube problem.

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
www.northants-giants.co.uk
Hi guys.

Would really appreciate any help from Axe owners out there. Just got mine today second hand. I gassed it up and it leaked air at a rapid pace from the grip frame for about 5 seconds then I heard a thud (like something plugging a gap) and it stopped. Thought nothing of it, but when I regassed up the gun later it leaked and didn't stop.

I took the gun apart and removed the transfer tube and checked the male and female o rings which both seem fine (cannot replace as parts kit did not come with spares for these two).

Regassed the gun and it came out even faster, this time our of the barrel too.

I repeated the process of taking it apart and putting it back together and it worked fine with no leaks when I gassed it up. I went out and shot a pod in the garden to test it, and I was happy. Now I've regassed it again and I'm having the same problem.

I took the grips off and if I manually tighten the transfer tube it stops leaking, but it's not like it has to be as tight as possible, it's like there's a sweet spot.

Anyway, something is obviously wrong with it. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I buy a new transfer tube and try that?

Thanks for any help, really appreciate it.

GodForbid.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
G-Day fella, at the bottom of that tube going into the oops, there is an " O " ring, this needs to be checked as much as poss as they are really designed to only last a short while anyway, what with the air going in direct, about every 6 - 8 cases of paint going through , you need to change it, the tube is fine , don`t worry about that . then lube everything up with a Dow33 lube, also from Just Paintball you can get a Syringe of Virtue grease, that works fine !!
DO NOT USE DOW 55 on these guns !!!
see how you get on with that to start with , then let me know please. . Bluey

Reactions: GodForbid

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks a lot for the reply mate! Really appreciate the help!

Are we talking about the little fat one the number "23" O-ring? Annoyingly I don't have a spare, I'll have to buy a parts kit and see if a new one will fix it. The one on there at the moment looks ok, no nicks or anything in it, but I guess I won't know until I try a new one!

I'm from Northampton, so probably quite a long distance from you, but thanks a lot anyway!

Thanks again!

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi mate, Yes they need to be changed more often than you think, Its not so much a nick as it`s the only bumper from the oops to the tube ... and they freeze !! The Axe is one of the most under estimated guns out there, get yourself a 14" Stiffi barrel and you`ll see what I mean !! and a set of these > http://www.techtpaintball.com/ifit_pr-3211.aspx
any spares you should be able to get from " Andy " or " T-Bone " at Just Paintball,
anyway, lets get this done and get that huge smile on your face,

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks again bluey! I'll get the Orings on Monday and fingers crossed it'll fix it! I'll let you know!

I've got the pdd version which comes with the barrel and freak kit so as soon as it's running I'm sure it'll be great!

Cheers!

Last edited:

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
Thank you bolter, tthat's awesome of you, cheers!

I'll get the parts kit on Monday and try swapping the oring. If that fails then I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
That`s a very nice thing to say Bolter,
Godforbid Pm him, as he lives not far from you as he says, Bolter is also an ardent fan of the Axe, and to be honest what he doesn`t know isn`t worth knowing, get yourself around to his place ?
today`s Saturday and I`m sure you could be in business by tomorrow with your gun.

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Take a look at the top of the transfer tube that screws into the markers body, there will be a metal piece the pokes out a little, when the axe is aired up that shoots up to lock the bolt guide in place. Try geting a pair of pliars and working it up and down (careful not to damage the metal, i used my teethe instead), or a cotton bud through the tube and push from underneath, they can get dirty and stick. If i remember right the metal piece is removable by sirclip pliars, but i didnt need to. Hope this helps. X

Reactions: GodForbid