Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Prophecy or a Dye Rotor

Snowwolf

Rebellion
Oct 30, 2008
Northants
Battery life is about knowing my loader will perform flawlessly all day, as another poster pointed out. My torque used to crap out midgame occasionally, and I lost games that way.

Easy to clean applies to between games too. If you've ever been shot in your speedfeed in an xball match, you'll know that it matters how fast you can clean your loader out.

Ball capacity: not necessary, but it's certainly nice to be able to suppress your mirror and bump up without having to reload and giving them an easy move. Or if you're being closed out in a 3 on 1 those reloads are vital time wasted.

Soft on paint: shooting very fragile paint is a joy. Knowing your loader isn't going to be full of soup is too.

Speed: it's less about speed than constant pressure on the ballstack for me. When I come up out of the snake I need those first 10 shots to come as quickly as possible, and when my loader skips it gives my target a chance to tuck in. That's why I went with the rotor tbh.

You feel the benefits of a good loader in extreme situations, not casual play. I would not say that my TSA backman is sufficient for how I play, but my rotor does just fine, despite both being able to keep up with rof caps.

I'd take the prophecy if I were a backman (light, soft on paint, large capacity, durable), but I like the constant pressure on the ballstack that you get with the rotor. And it's sexy
Best answer in the whole thread.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
It's also nice right off the break. When you're swinging your marker up that quickly balls can float about in your breech/feedneck, but the rotor is really fast right off the break. Also, for softness on paint I believe you can adjust the spring tension on the rotor (credit to Tommy Gunn for that tip). Saying that, however, I wish the rotor were as light as the prophecy (which still retains its durability, as evidenced by some of the vids that've been posted of it being hit by a hammer)