Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etha Bolt Stick?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Wait a sec you played a whole day without chronoing?! What sort of backwater site are you playing at.

Reactions: mrb2287

Rufkneck

Aug 28, 2013
Good to hear :)

My first day out with the Etha today, chopped every other ball! Was happy it wasn't just me though, poor site paint seemed to be the blame, put a bit of a downer on the day though!
with it being poor paint are you sure it was chopping, and not breaking in the barrel.. i have an etha and its never chopped, but i have had poor paint break in the barrel.. although frustrating a quick swab out sorts in until another broke..then its rinse and repeat.. but as stated above that stick when putting the bolt onto the guide is normal, be worried when it doesnt stick and you dont have a spare o-ring :)

Jezz

www.PaintRiot.co.uk
Jan 7, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
www.JezzsPlace.com
with it being poor paint are you sure it was chopping, and not breaking in the barrel.. i have an etha and its never chopped, but i have had poor paint break in the barrel.. although frustrating a quick swab out sorts in until another broke..then its rinse and repeat.. but as stated above that stick when putting the bolt onto the guide is normal, be worried when it doesnt stick and you dont have a spare o-ring :)
Yes it was barrel breaks, that site uses generally poor paint, and with it being so cold at the time it was never going to work well.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
fyi a lot of the time if you are getting paint breaking in the barrel, the tension in the hopper is the culprit, too high a force setting or spring setting causes the paint to be crushed against each other and are cracked before they drop into the breach, then as they are fired the ball breaks up in the barrel.
check this out, there are also a few other slow mo videos on the etv channel which are pretty interesting.
i think that was something along the lines of 12000 frames per second

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I respect your comment Jahlad but Jezz was using a spire on that particular cold January day and as you know they are very easy on paint. It was the paint that was the culprit.

I dare say hopper tension can make a difference but if your using crap paint or if it's cold and your not using proper winter paint you going to get brakes.

Reactions: Jezz

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yup i get that, just in my experience a lot of players will blame the paint, blame the gun, blame the barrel etc but not even suspect that the hopper settings might be the problem....it is only through doing these high speed camera experiments that you could ever hope to prove it though! the paint Jack was using to get the break shown in this video was the WORST paint you can image, it had been left outside over night for a few nights, it was at least a year old, never been rotated, dimpled mishaped horrid paint and if i recall correctly he was shooting at 15bps full auto too to try and force breaks so that it could be caught on film

Reactions: frenchy2475

Jezz

www.PaintRiot.co.uk
Jan 7, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
www.JezzsPlace.com
Actually I think i was using my old extreme rage overdrive hopper on that day, as I didn't get the Spire until the end of January, so it wasn't a force fed hopper, which points even more to the paint lol