Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Evolve kit/Angel, help needed, :(:(:(:( *grrr*

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
:) Right, I'm fitting my evolve kit to my 05 Speed; using these instructions http://www.angel-owners.com/showthread.php?t=34162

I've got to this point,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/TriggaNometry/Evolve Kit/006.jpg

but I can't get any grip on the ram shaft AT ALL. I'm using a smaller version of what he's using in the pic because I haven't got any bigger ones.
Also...it's pretty much do or die as I got a bit annoyed and used the pliers on the hammer & it's a bit scratched now :(

What do I do!!? I need to get the delrin hammer on, right, but the f***er's loctited on so tight it won't come off :(

Help mee :(

...there's a very tempting hammer next to me...I've been doing this for the last 45min :(...

Could I try putting a hairdrier on the hammer- would that loosen the loctite?

x

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
have you taken out the grub screw to hold the ram shaft in, try hot water as its better than a hairdryer. I'm sure that John C fits em if you have no luck with it over the comming hours:cool: . Be carful with the ram shaft though as a wee dent will feck it up.

**cough cough John C**:)

domo247

Only Gods can use Angels
May 12, 2006
If you can put the hammer in hot water - or use blow torch or match to heat a piece of metal and carefully warm around where the loctite is.

Loctite is bollox it’s an engineers cheat weapon and just saves the engineers time money and effort us ballers get right ripped of!

If all else fails try and get the proper angel tool kit – by the way lips wont help at all – under no circumstances will they touch any evolve kits on angels…so you may need John C or Tom Allen or anyone else from spitfire

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
these things do take some undoing...i know:D ,i had to put mine in a big vice (with thick rubber round the shaft to keep it from being damaged)then tightend the vice bit by bit while trying to undo the hammer until it would grip the shaft to stop it from spinning.i thried putting the hammer in hot water first and using grips but was no good as it was on to tight.plus if you have damaged the shaft of rem you may need to get a new one as it wont seal right:(

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Bob, yeah I've got the grub screw out ok, so it's just the sodding loctite :(.
've got a cooks blowtorch...bit extreme?

I've been really careful on the shaft, used rubber wristbands, grippy rubber gloves, everything I've got...I might have to try & get a vice...

I might be going down to quadball next monday so I should be able to fit the majority of it without the toolkit, but I'll need it for this bit http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/TriggaNometry/Evolve Kit/011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/TriggaNometry/Evolve Kit/012.jpg

And for setting it up afterwards.

I'm at the point of no return...I can't put it back together again without finishing it...if I have to find a vice I'll find one :(

Thanks so far
x

L.i.P.S

Hi Rosie,

If you want us to remove the hammer from the ram for you just drop it in the post and we will do it for you that is not a problem.
domo247 is correct in that no authorised UK WDP warranty/tech service centre will fit or maintain evolve kits at this present time.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
hey Rosie

i know its not recommended but you can remove the lpr (with no damage)with a small allen key, its only held in with grease and the pressure of the O'ring you dont actuallly need the removal tool pictured :) just stick the end of the allen key in the centre hole and apply slight sideways pressure and it'll slide out no bother just use summat with a gentle tip to push it back in

although before anyone jumps on this ..yes you should always use the right thing yadda yadda :rolleyes:

BTW iv efitted a couple of these and i see no harm in applying considerable hairdryer heat to the hammer ..i would seriously avoid naked flames though

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
You can get around using WDP's toolkit entirely if you own a pair of mini needle nose pliars, small allen wrenches, and/or a screw (the sight rail screws from the older (Speed 03 and lower) angels are the same thread as the LPR, so you can screw one in, then pull it out with pliars). The mini needle nose can be stuck into the ram to turn it, the LPR can be extracted with an o-ring pick or small allen wrench, or using the screw method above. On all my angels, I just used either the strap from a strapwrench or a mousepad with some vice grips on the ram shaft, and the hammer turned right off without issue. If you heat up the area with a lighter or torch it should get easier.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Right, think I'm done :).
I used the torch & it came off really easily.

...it was a second hand kit, and it had the small spring missing, which you can see here at the bottom next to the volumiser

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/TriggaNometry/Evolve Kit/018.jpg

...I used a spring out of a pen and cut it down to the right size...:confused:

Just have to eliminate blowback now, apparently :confused: :).

That's when air pushed the ball up the feedneck isn't it?

http://www.angel-owners.com/showthread.php?t=34162
that says 'using evolve's instructions, eliminate blowback'.
...well I don't have their instructions, so are there any sites which tell you how to do this? I presume you use the screw on the front of the long volumiser to do this?

It also says I have to set my mini-reg to 220, how do I do this/find out what it's set to already?
I have the evolve gauge, can I screw it into any of the holes on the front reg?

hmmmm almost there, eventually :D
Thanks so far
x