The Home Of European Paintball

F A O All Teams (poacing Players)

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
F A O All Teams (poaching Players)

HI there everybody could you all please post your thoughts and opinions on poaching players , as our team has had a break away of four / five players, so the lads that are left had some try outs to recruit new team members , then the original team players thet had left to set up there own team. atempt to poach one of our new players from the try out day
( PLEASE NOTE THE NEW PLAYERS HAVE NOT BEEN INVOLVED WITH ANY OTHER TEAMS BEFORE) but it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. When ok we wish the break away team all the very best in the future. But I ask my self , we set up a try out day spent time money getting it all on, to look at new players when really theres a spy in the camp to milk off the cream and contact them to poach? OK well if a team player gets an offer they cant refuse thats fine but give me your views , is there any loyalty in paint ballers? . :mad: cheers

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Paul_collier
Sorry mate but I'm not even going to attempt to read that till you loose the caps!

Paul.
you'll have to excuse him guys, Jud and PC's.....well lets just say the 2 don't mix that well, or indeed at all. What do you expect from an AOL user ;) :p

Just for y'all

Hi there everybody

Could you all please post your thoughts & opinions on poaching players , as our team has had a break away of four /five players, so the lads that are left have had some try outs to recruit new players , then the original players that have left to set up there own team. Try to poach one of the players which have joined our team from our try out, (please note the new players have not been involved with any other teams before).

But it really leaves a very bad taste in your mouth when ok we wish the break away team all the best in the future. But as they didnt pay and dedicate time transport and seting up and well all the work on the day come on is there any loyalty between fellow paintballers ?

Ok well its ok if a individiual player wants to go to a better team . Thats fair . To better himself or herself. But best of all one month before we all agreed at a team meeting to all go e-bladed full out fitt then the a wall happens leaving 4 team members to get this team going . Your posts will be appreciated cheers
that better?:D

Jud's a bit disappointed in some of the things that have been going on since the break away from RDX of some of it's members. Basically we set up tryouts to get some players, then we hear that the new guys are getting PM's from our ex-team mates trying to poach them away, these aren't other teams players or even experienced tourney players that they would of heard of, they're new and untried but we think they've got real talent.

I do believe Jud's not happy, I do believe we're all not happy but I'm trying to be all Zen about it:D

Ommmmmm, Ommmmmmmm

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
Contract the players to your team.

We at team Sad have just finished recruiting players for our two squads for the 2003 season, and have issued all players with a written contract that contains financial penalties should any of them leave within the contract period, the terms are very specific.

However whether or not it will ever be put to the test is another matter.

Poaching players, whose at fault really, you see talented players in ALL sports be tempted away to other teams, for the promise of success and reward.
But is the team that makes the approach wrong for wanting the best for their team, or is it the fault of the player for not being loyal, or could it just be the team they're with is not living up to their expectation.

Stick with it, deliver your promises, and set your goals and keep to them, that way you will eventually win through. Above all be honest.

Blakey MM. manager Sad UK