Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fav Paint

cisco

Sep 4, 2004
West Yorkshire
Visit site
I thought I'd get your views on which paint you all prefer to use. Good/Bad points.
Have you got a preffered paint for type of marker etc????
This may have been asked before, but what the hell!

Let me know.
Cheers

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
like you are going to get a non biased and abjective answer here mate!

Personally I will say Zap, amp in summer chronic in winter.

But best advice would be to get a case of each and make your own mind up :)

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I think all paint has its good moments and its bad moments, depends on the batch and age somewhat. But for me, the most consistently good has always been Draxxus with particular nod to Inferno and Hellfire (if you can get it).

cisco

Sep 4, 2004
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Is there any preference to the type of paint to gun at all?
ps - your opinions on "what paint" should not be influenced by your sponsers (unless their really good to u).;)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Well i've shot a fair bit of paint from different manufacturers.

Zap Chronic is a good winter ball. Never tried Amp but have heard good things.

Celtic......just no, trust me on this...no

Tomahawk, flys pretty well and doesn't break in the gun but to be honest, doesn't break on the opponents as often as some paints i've shot.

32 degrees team colours......I can only assume I had 4 boxes from the worst batches ever made! Broke in shockers, impulses and angels.

Draxxus.... Blaze, pretty good for training, attractive price, midnight....good for rec-ball at best in summer. Not a bad training paint in the winter. Inferno is nice, mostly round and pretty consistent.
Hellfire....no contest, the best paint I have ever seen. If you can get it, try hellfire pro (flat packed boxes) it is unreal!!!!

To be honest your best bet is to try some different paints and see what you like. Asking for advice is fraught as sponsorship interfers with some peoples opinions, as can only be expected. Bad mouth your sponsors paint and you'll be unsponsored real fast!!!

Laterz

Ian
:)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by Pump'n'Splat
Zap is good paint, it's a marshall's nightmare though....

Some weekends I go home feeling like a candle :(
True true, punter marshalling with Zap trade paint a few years ago....welt city!!!

Once had my enitre right bicep go purple, took weeks to clear up.
Scary thing was the nearest punter was about 20 foot away!!!! Gotta love the consistancy of a tippman on Co2, that and paint that don't break!!! Ouch!!!

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Oh, I didn't actually notice any difference welt-wise between RPS and Zap Ian...

...it's more the case that if you end up in the middle of 4 or 5 tense situations in the day, you end up going home trying to crack the "wax seal" off your marshalling gear..... :mad: