Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fill nipple stuck

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
hey guys long time no see but i have a problem with my fill nipple.

Useualy when empty a bit in the nipple can move back and forth (the metal block in the middle that works as a valve).

However mine has got stuck at the back of the nipple, causing it to stay open, as such when the bottle was filled it retaind almost no pressure.

What can be done? it still has a year left on the bottle test and iv a year left in uni so i'd like to keep it if i can. but obviously if it needs pro work then i'l do that.

buying a new reg was mentiond, however im not sure how safe it would be for me to change i myself.

Advice? thanks

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
You shouldn't really need to replace the whole reg. usually, when this happens it is because the o-ring sealing the piston in the fill nipple is damaged. The safest replacement is to change the whole fill nipple, these are usually less than a tenner and can be supplied and fitted by most retailers.

Chris RIP

-=[Chelmsford HPG]=-
i have a problem with my nipples aswell, after the surgery yesterday they are really sore lol

but to ure nipple i would say u should just change it. aint that difficult and u can buy spare ones suppose your non return is broken inside the fill nipple. shouldnt take u longer than 2 mins to do and most paintball retailers have them in stock. lips do them aswell for about 8 quid

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
thanks guys!

is it just bolt on/off?

i cant fnd one on the warped website (where i get my stuff unserually) so either not there or under an alternate industry name. are their any other names for them?

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
just make sure there is no pressure in the bottle at all when you change the nipple out

11mm spanner should be all you need (depending on manufacturer) the nipple will already have sealant on the threads. its an easy job but take care not to scratch the reg with the spanner

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
if you're not completely sure about this, get someone who knows how to do it. There will be 4500psi going through this, so safety is paramount.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
11mm spanner should be all you need (depending on manufacturer) the nipple will already have sealant on the threads. its an easy job but take care not to scratch the reg with the spanner
Actually it will be 7/16" - that way there will be less chance of it slipping and scratching the reg. Not all replacement fill nipples will have sealant pre-applied.

As Tom said, if you are at all unsure get someone suitably qualified to do the job for you, with HPA its not just your own safety that is a concern.