Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

footwear

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
anyone know anygood plavces to get decent boots for paintball.

cheers
andy

Hope this helps

Andy,

I use Pony boots and rate them - very comfortable, supportive and have good grip. Some of the guys in the Rushers use Reebok Shrouds which they are frequently ranting about. Nike Landsharks are meant to be good as well and you could always try the new Tanel boot (Tanels used to be the dogs bits when it came to paintball but lost their way a few years ago and made a large batch of terrible boots - now they are back with a remake of the original 360 boot). Look at www.tanel360.com
Ledz from Planet does have some 'special' Tanels that are inlaid with diamonds and lined with gold leaf that he sells for £14,500,000 - quite a bargain really ;)

If you are in the UK then try Steve Bull for the Ponys.

Scutty

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
You may also look into the "Diggers" boots as well. http://www.diggthis.com/ It's a better version of the Tannel boots. I used to wear tanels, but dropped them out of discomfort. The only reason I stopped using the Diggers was I wore them out. :)

http://diggthis.com/product.htm will take you right to the Diggers.

I also have been using softball spikes too, tey're good for ice, or hardpack dirt. And I"m also using golf shoes for indoor. That's kinda fun too. :)

-Tyger

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I don't know if this applies to you UK/US types, but for people from Continental Europe, here's a tip: Do not just look at the shoes they sell at your local paintball shop. Most shoes that are excellent for paintball were not designed for this sport specificaly, but for things like American football. So go to a well equipped sports store, and have gander. Why? Because they buy their stock in far larger quantities, and are therefore able to supply the same shoes at a lower price. I've seen differences in price as silly as 20 %. Ofcourse this isn't always the case, but it's worthwhile to shop around.

Peace.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Boots

I also have been using softball spikes too, tey're good for ice, or hardpack dirt. And I"m also using golf shoes for indoor. That's kinda fun too.

-Tyger

Hey Tyger
if that is the one i think it is ? why are recomending a shoe that can cause damage to a person? I know golf shoes won't ....in Golf !!
but how many times have you seen a bunkeringing where the bodies get tangled.... more since concept fields have arrived I think . and as for spikes !!! oh yes lets go for that even more dangerous, given the choice I would sooner be trod on with football (soccer for americans) or rugby (football for americans) boots than a running spike
I saw some great softball shoes in the states last year but with 1cm x 0.5cm wide METAL cleats great for the game they were created for but in paintball....no way
I do use cleats but plastic soled ones, had Tanels, had Nike, currently use Reebok all safe the only damage i have ever done was twisting my ankle when I used a low ankle version of Nike but that was my own fault if i had run over anyone they would be bruised but not PUNCTURED !!

Just my thoughts

Mark
UK Cougars

PS at the World Cup last year I used Astroturf boots didn't slip once

Reno

Jul 31, 2001
Reno, NV
Visit site
two cents

I've been using a pair of 3/4 ankle Nike Land Sharks for about a year now and I love em'. No slop and the velcro tab is an absolute must to keep those laces in!

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Boots

Originally posted by Mark
if that is the one i think it is ? why are recomending a shoe that can cause damage to a person? I know golf shoes won't ....in Golf !!

Mark
UK Cougars
Ahh! Then you don't know about my golf shoes! :)

Actually, I really wouldn't expect you to. It's a small company that's pretty much an America only thing. But, hell, this could be a global gig for them.

It's a company called "Bite Shoes". http://www.biteshoes.com is the web addy. You have to realise that metal SPIKES have been pretty much banned from golf courses in the States for reasons of weeds. (Seeds get into golf shoes, the spike plant the seeds in DEEP, and they don't come out...) That and spikes shread the greens.

So they've gone to "Soft spikes", which are disks that have little nubs in them that grip on grass, sand, and other soft surfaces. This is pretty universal now, and you can get soft spikes in any sporting goods store for any kind of golf shoe.

Now what I wear, and this is my usual STREET wear mind you, is the Hammer II, which is a skate style shoe with a permanent golfing tread on the bottom. you can see a pic of these shoes on my feet here, OR a close up of the shoes only right here.

Bite also makes a lot of styles, like hiking sandals, but if you're adventurous, check out the Golf shoes under the "Jaws" series. I've been wearing mind as my regular street shoes for a while now, I'm hooked.

I've also worn them at the Knoxville indoor, Skyball, and at Challenge Park's cityscapes of Bedlam and Armageddon. Believe me, they grip on turf, dirt, concrete, grass and rough terrain.

Oh, and tell 'em Tyger the paintball guy sent ya. They'll be happy to hear I'm still wearing the shoes I bought. :) (And they might believe me when I tell them sponsoring a paintball player isn't a bad idea...)

For turf and woods, US Football cleats DO rock. I have worn Tannels, Diggers (recomended), Reeboks, and Con's. I need to get another pair of Diggers tho, a good set of Stealth's or Predators. Not sure yet.

Oh, and Mark? I don't know the guy's name, but thank the UK Cougar player who loaned me his Angel at Skyball '99 for me? It was a blue Angel with a small tiger on the back of it.

-Tyger

(edited to fix some UBB code and a typo...)

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
1 more thing about spikes

Originally posted by Mark
and as for spikes !!! oh yes lets go for that even more dangerous, given the choice I would sooner be trod on with football (soccer for americans) or rugby (football for americans) boots than a running spike
I saw some great softball shoes in the states last year but with 1cm x 0.5cm wide METAL cleats great for the game they were created for but in paintball....no way
What I've found is that the Spikes are good for hardpack surfaces like dirt, or ice. I personally don't get close enough to make an issue of overruning a player and using thier backside for starting blocks.

In sports like baseball and softball there is a major concern with "spiking" opponents, where you slide into them and try to dig your spikes into their shins. If you actually connect and draw blood, there's a VERY hefty fine for it, as well as suspensions.

I'll keep my spikes for specific terrain. I get a LOT of speed and dig from them, but I get more control from other choices like Diggers or Reeboks. I don't really think the spikes are a safety issue, unless you're concerned for sup-AIR pipes. THAT I can see.

-Tyger

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
I use timberland mountain technical boots
Originally fell running shoes , they are nice and comfy, big cleats on the botttom with reverse cleats on the heel for stopping.
Also gore tex lined.
well worth it and available up to size 13 for those with big feet

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I just use my old hightop Nike and Mizuno football cleats that had been sitting in my closet from the end of my senior year season till I started paintballing about 3 years later. It was good to use them again, and even better to not have to pay a dime to have the best possible footwear for paintball, especially since I had 3 pairs! :D