Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FPS

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
I am a bit less new, but still got a lot of questions that search engines are not answering clearly.

In this case, it is about FPS.

I just got an Infamous bolt for my Axe, as well as bolt guide orings. I also got a chrono, and rubber balls. In fact, everything I need to tune it!

Well the question is, tune it for what?

I know the max legal FPS is 330 feets per second.
I also know that the max FPS in Millennium series is 300.

But what is the max FPS in the UK masters? And the most common one in training/walkon sites?

Also, about the tuning of the marker.
Rubber balls (reballs) are harder than paintballs, and behave different. Should I trust that, for example, if I set my marker to do not pass 300 with reballs, it will achieve similar speed with paintballs, matching bores in both cases?

Thanks!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Most places are 280 fps, I think the masters is too.

Matching bore with reballs you should get close to the velocity you'll get with bore matched paint, however you'll struggle to bore match a reball, there about 0.665

Reactions: Ballantin

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
dont trust reballs when trying to tune your gat. We use them weekly and trust me they just dont behave like real paint. If you are going to tune it tune it to 290 with a box of real paint. get some decent stuff too.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
The reballs I got are a bit bigger, they do not fit on the 0.675 insert, but almost bore match on the 0.680 one.

I will use real paint on the next training session I get. I live in a flat, so I can not fire it at home. Well, I fired it twice to the tube on the toilet. And caused a mess... xD

Reactions: Skwill

Skwill

Mar 12, 2012
Most places are 280 as stated by Canon, but I keep mine at 270 just incase their limit is lower.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Thank you!

Just want to be sure that I am on compliance of all the limits and rules, and keep it safe for me and others :D

Probably will aim to get 270 to 275.

Cheers.

Reactions: Skwill