Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FPS

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I am a bit less new, but still got a lot of questions that search engines are not answering clearly.

In this case, it is about FPS.

I just got an Infamous bolt for my Axe, as well as bolt guide orings. I also got a chrono, and rubber balls. In fact, everything I need to tune it!

Well the question is, tune it for what?

I know the max legal FPS is 330 feets per second.
I also know that the max FPS in Millennium series is 300.

But what is the max FPS in the UK masters? And the most common one in training/walkon sites?

Also, about the tuning of the marker.
Rubber balls (reballs) are harder than paintballs, and behave different. Should I trust that, for example, if I set my marker to do not pass 300 with reballs, it will achieve similar speed with paintballs, matching bores in both cases?

Thanks!
Ive never ever seen a field or tournament allow you to shoot over 300.

280 is normally perfect, but double check your chrono reading with the sites chrono as the chronos may give different readings.

Reactions: Ballantin

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Ive never ever seen a field or tournament allow you to shoot over 300.

280 is normally perfect, but double check your chrono reading with the sites chrono as the chronos may give different readings.
Yes, that is on the list 1st thing when I arrive at the next site, to check the relative accuracy of my chrono :D

Before getting the new bolt I was on the extra safe zone, and never got a chrono reading over 265, usually 260 or less. But now that I started tweaking, I want to get it fine.

Thanks a lot. It's a pleasure to ask something up here, everyone is prone to help :D

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Yes, that is on the list 1st thing when I arrive at the next site, to check the relative accuracy of my chrono :D

Before getting the new bolt I was on the extra safe zone, and never got a chrono reading over 265, usually 260 or less. But now that I started tweaking, I want to get it fine.

Thanks a lot. It's a pleasure to ask something up here, everyone is prone to help :D
Its never a problem mate :) plenty of really helpful people on here!

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
NEVER go over 300fps - legal UK law!
if the occasional creeps over then people don't mind too much but legaly it should be under 300.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
NEVER go over 300fps - legal UK law!
if the occasional creeps over then people don't mind too much but legaly it should be under 300.
Strictly speaking its neither 300fps or 330fps 'muzzle velocity' as the law is in regard to the energy at 12ft/lbs 'muzzle energy'
It is 330fps for an 'average 0.68" frangible paintball'. The average paintball changes over the years, but it is generaly accepted that an average paintball at 330fps would be at the legal limit.

Going back to the reballs in the original post they should be fired at a lower velocity, and are a legal grey area as they don't break on impact.
For the purposes of testing for an intial setup then a reball at 280fps is a reasonable guide, just don't shoot it at anyone.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Thank you @tommikka

Of course I will not shoot at anyone with the reballs, I got them for the mere purpose of testing and tuning the marker inside home. I shoot at a pillow to prevent any bounce :D

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
do I have to get @gommie404 involved in this aha, he was a section 5 fire arms officer (i believe).
300fps is the legal limit in the UK, and techincally reballs are illegal but not many seem to bother about it