Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

geo and the cold

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
right, ive shot ego markers since the 05 came out and found them to be excellent markers in all conditions ive played from indoor, to outdoor, to boston, to the south coast to the barren wastes of inverness ive played xball, single match, rec etc in rain snow shine and hail.

now, in comparison ive seen spoolies gum and cease to work up in shale/sand and when it gets cold where as for the most part dual stacks, eg egos, borgs , spyders etc have survived,

so my question, will the geo work as well in harsh conditions as the ego/etek series of markers, will there be any descernable difference in performance, particulary in the cold and damp of scotlandland or is it purley down to preference.

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
im not quite sure anyone could know the answer to this question. sometimes its down to the lube u use on certain types of spoolies and or a mild change in you dwell settings.

no doubt the marker will have been tested to distruction but you never know

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
in theory the reason dm's stick has been overcome in the geo, and for once i believe it. Suffice to say i have a very similar spool/poppet setup in a marker i made last year which works well in extremely cold weather.

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
cheers guys, Thanks for the answers, i would like to hear an answer from planet themselves though..for no other reason than my curiosity, i have an 08 and like my 05 i will stick with that until it dies...but i like the idea of a back up

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
cheers guys, Thanks for the answers, i would like to hear an answer from planet themselves though..for no other reason than my curiosity, i have an 08 and like my 05 i will stick with that until it dies...but i like the idea of a back up
Planet are hardly gonna say "yeah its shizzle in the cold...dont buy it" are they now?

for more than 1 reason of course

kiwitim

Once was a Deviant.....
Mar 26, 2008
ABERDEEN Brrrrrrr.....
Planet are hardly gonna say "yeah its shizzle in the cold...dont buy it" are they now?

for more than 1 reason of course
You're right, but I believe that they are honest enough to say, "we havent tested it in extreme cold", or "there is a slight drop in performance under 0degrees C" (for us Scottish players)

Judging by the extremely good reputation of P.E, I would believe them if they said, "no Problem"

Also, if Tom Allen believes the issue has been overcome, then thats good enough for me:D

I too am still undecided though....P.E will get my money, but I'm not sure which I want for it....