Getting fit

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
AYE .

Basically i spend 6 hours a day at a comp, on average :eek:

first tourney on the 20th and im lookin to get fit, im pritty skinny and fast generally, and have a nice pond to run round, tis roughly a mile... also got a couple dumbbells and was wondering if anyone has a particular routine they do ? looking to improve on speed, strength in all my arms and shoulders, also have a big bro for a punching bag if thats any help ;s

any ideas ?

Jakey C

Jake Cross
May 28, 2006
wirral
Use that pond to swim in :rolleyes: Swimming is an awesome excercise if you would like to risk freezing to death in that pond:rolleyes:

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Press ups, chin ups for upper body and try lifting the weights, i think that should help;).

Run around the pond, always try and beat your last time, if you don't run it again but not to beat your time just for good practice(its only a mile).

Sprints would be important, try setting up cones of find some trees in a zigzag. Sprint to one, stop, sprint to the next one.

And stretch!!! otherwise the first time you do it all you be to sore to do it again for another couple of days. Focus on thigh, hamstring, calf, knee and lower back stretches but try and stretch everything before and after training, you'll be alot better off.

Keep hydrated and a hot shower afterwards will help stop your muscles contracting to fast.

As its on the 20th you'll have to do it probly every 2nd to 3rd day to get results.

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
You arent going to increase your general fitness in 20 days. Only Rocky can do that!

Take steroids.... :p Only jk.

Generally when i used to jog is to jog a certain distance e.g. 1 mile. Time it, then continue to try and beat it. You will notice the difference eventually. Dumb bells will help to build your arms... but you really need your torso sorting for your stances, etc. (unless your gun weighs as much as mine) Basically listen to what the other fella said :D

Despite your fitness, the adrenaline rush will allow you to run around a lot more without worrying too much. Thats what i find anyway.

Tonee

Dec 16, 2005
Hartlepool
Get a job at B&Q (stock replen) or any type of job that includes heavy lifting - that keeps me fit

Not too mention you get paid for working out!

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
run round the pond once then walk it then run it and then repeat till you pass out ...

its good because its what happens in paintball you run round alot then stop for a while then go again

its good for many sports like rugby and football

hope this helps

tom

majic

Jan 25, 2006
Nottingham
Visit site
Hardcore

DO A WARM UP streches stops you distroying your joints!

Training cant be done in days it takes time!
But you have a couple of weeks you could boost your healing and immune system buy taking vitamin c makes you heal so your more likely not to brake.and get your self about 10%-20% better

Get some training weights wrist and shin ones 1kg each wear them all day for 3 days of the week double the weight whilst training in your run.You should run with your pack or a ruck sack loaded with 6KG 1 and 1/2 times normal pack weight.

One that is good for spinting is spint as hard as you can to one lamp post then walk to the next breath large breaths this will make your lungs more efficent in a very short time!

Train on sand when ever possible its an evil material makes you work hard!

Bilster

Jan 9, 2005
D7's
Visit site
Go to a junk yard and get 5 tires...

then buy some rope roughly about 100 meters...

Tie a tire to the rope roughly about every 20 meters...

then do 100 meter sprints and every 20 or 30 paces you take a tire kickes in and eventually u will be running with 5 tires holding you back...

when you have done this drill repetitivly ( if that is a word lol ) than when you go to break out on the 20th you will be expecting them tires to kick in and you will have more speed and more agility...

Wise words from a wise man!

Bilster