Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting hit in the knackers

Dr_Chris

May I touch your cocker?
Dec 5, 2004
Bristol, England
Visit site
So, this is a pretty noobish question... but how likely is it to be hit in the nads during a supair game? I've seen people who wear cricket cups and stuff, but to be honest 1) That'd make it hard to run and 2) I think pain is a good detterent to shoot the other team and not get hit yourself.

Any tips*?

*No :p

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
always shoot for the nads take them b4 they can take you and always bonus ball. keep shooting till you cant move your finger ne more and shake your gun vigorosly so u shoot every where inc head and there little finger. dont worry bout nads when you can shoot a hopper load in someones head and then pot up and do it again

Dr_Chris

May I touch your cocker?
Dec 5, 2004
Bristol, England
Visit site
I'm not worried about it as such, I'm a nutter* and don't mind doing silly runs and stuff - not bothered about getting hit. I just want to know how likely it is that I will receive a high velocity ball in the nether regions?

*ie. a complete fool

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Can and does happen, invest in slide shorts at the very least so you have some protection for your little fella's.

Hard cups are the only way to stop all the pain of a nad shot but then you also run the risk of trapping a 'Mr' between the edge of the box and your leg whilst diving or similar and I don't even want to think about how painful that would be!

TenaciousM

U sure got'a purdy mouth
May 25, 2003
Somewhere but no one cares
Visit site
this is a no brainer you gotta wear a box or something to protect your crown jewls, i aint been hit in the balls yet!!! but lets be honest it dont matter how much of a nutter you are if you flick your knackers even a little you cry like a little girl so just imagine the pain of being shot! (i have seen this happen and watching vomit squirt out of the guys mask was enough to telll me to use a box).
so i think prevention is better than hoping that you dont get hit!!

Dr_Chris

May I touch your cocker?
Dec 5, 2004
Bristol, England
Visit site
I was told that socks can be very usefull in this situation, though I don't want to look like some guy from an 80's pop/rock band. There's also the fact that I wear boxer shorts so they'd end up at the bottom of my trouser legs :S

Dr_Chris

May I touch your cocker?
Dec 5, 2004
Bristol, England
Visit site
Originally posted by TenaciousM
this is a no brainer you gotta wear a box or something to protect your crown jewls, i aint been hit in the balls yet!!! but lets be honest it dont matter how much of a nutter you are if you flick your knackers even a little you cry like a little girl so just imagine the pain of being shot! (i have seen this happen and watching vomit squirt out of the guys mask was enough to telll me to use a box).
so i think prevention is better than hoping that you dont get hit!!
Can you imagine the pain if - as ben said - one of your chestnuts gets caught inbetween the box and your leg? Ever sat down too fast?

Dr_Chris

May I touch your cocker?
Dec 5, 2004
Bristol, England
Visit site
If there is only one ball fired on the 'pitch' all match the chances of it hitting me in the nads are very high. This is not saying my nads are gargantuan (or small of course ;D ) but I seem to get this sort of bad luck. I dislocated my knee cap on the first day of a skiing trip (though to be fair I did go on for about 30 minutes before I had to be rescued by a sledge thingy), i've been stabbed through the back of the leg with a kebab skewer, I'm just generally the one who gets hurt doing anything. This is why I take care to ask these sorts of questions before I partake in anything that could result in me ending up back in A&E... I swear, they're gonna issue me a season ticket one of these days.