Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting the local press interested

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
All the PA is about is creating an organised framework in which teams can work and find support in improving themselves, their profile & their skills while maintaining the fun aspect by trying to remove the chaos that leads so many potentially great players to quit.

Here, here Brother!:D

I personally think that it has to, some degree, already had it's desired effect in bringing up the standard of teams especially at the lower end, at least in the way that they are run.

With the threat of no longer being able to just turn up and find a spare player teams have had to appoint a manager, create a roster of extra players (Hence the amount of crys for players) and get organised.

This in turn has allowed the team's to sit back and consider that now we have the players what are we going to do... train has been the answer.

Team names, now we have an association that people can relate to we think, we now have the oppertunity to franchise our image, courting the press and other medias... it will not be easy, but as there is more exposure I am sure that awarness will rise making it easier to get coverage.

This again, as had been said before, will make it easier to court local sponsors.

I compiled a list of 220 "Leicester" companies E-mail addresses and only had 2 responses, I hope this will improve in future.

I, and other teams, whole heartedly embraced this concept before the announcement of the Sky deal and feel that it is a positive step in the right direction.

Only time will tell

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Originally posted by Dazdread
I personally think that it has to, some degree, already had it's desired effect in bringing up the standard of teams especially at the lower end, at least in the way that they are run.

With the threat of no longer being able to just turn up and find a spare player teams have had to appoint a manager, create a roster of extra players (Hence the amount of crys for players) and get organised.

This in turn has allowed the team's to sit back and consider that now we have the players what are we going to do... train has been the answer.

Team names, now we have an association that people can relate to we think, we now have the oppertunity to franchise our image, courting the press and other medias... it will not be easy, but as there is more exposure I am sure that awarness will rise making it easier to get coverage.

This again, as had been said before, will make it easier to court local sponsors.

I compiled a list of 220 "Leicester" companies E-mail addresses and only had 2 responses, I hope this will improve in future.

I, and other teams, whole heartedly embraced this concept before the announcement of the Sky deal and feel that it is a positive step in the right direction.

Only time will tell
The only problem with what your saying is that sponsorship doesnt 'make' you a better player. If you train effectively with 500 ballz each then youll become much better players than by jus shooting off 2000 rounds. IMO it seems like alot of people feel like they should be getting sponsored, when infact they dont have much to offer a company in return.

Forget about TV. Get stuck into some serious effective training.. And when you start ripping teams, alot more companys will want to stand by you.

Just my oppinion ofcourse :)

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Oh and Congrats to Hatts and the PA league for getting UK paintball on TV. I also believe its a giant leap for British paintball in general :)

I belive I mentioned that a shift in focus to training has happened.

Sponsorship would be nice as we are now competing in two series but it is not the be all and and all, we are lucky to have the support of Rebel sports which has enabled us to get some nice new tops.

We had a student in our ranks last year but he could not afford to continue this year, which is a shame as he showed potential. We hope to drive down the cost for our players as much as is possible, I would not let anyone play for free even if we were 100% sponsored as I would require some level of commitment.

Agreed, sponsorship would not make us a better team training does.

Again this is not essential but part of the image building process... all for the good of the sport... I hope :cool: