Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting the local press interested

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
Hatts, not too sure if a tourney organiser, as good as you are, will be able to improve teams playing the PA league, this is more down to the teams themselves.

Fair enough you can give teams a place to play which could promote a desire to compete at a higher level, maybe introduce some outside sponsorship to enable teams to play and train more, but ultimately it's still down to the teams and the individuals on those teams to want to improve.

Anyway i'm looking forward to hearing from Rob after this weekends meeting.. who would have thought all those years ago with the Troopers that we would have come this far? :D

Tony you're absolutely right...

I can't make the teams or even one individual a better player...I never claimed that I could ...what I'm trying to do is create an environment based around ideas already utilsed by other sucessful sports in which players & teams want to become better and give them support and an orgainsed structure in trying to achieve that aim...

If in doing this these teams can attract sponsorship from outside of the industry so much the better. The sport of paintball gains in profile and any help these teams get enables them to play more and train more...

Originally posted by Robbo
Then I ask again, what are the dynamics for improving the quality of play for teams involved where they can then 'take it to the rest of the world' ?
...and I reply again...(abridged version)

...over and over again...last 16 months...stuck record...another essay...heresy...

..pleased to chat about it...0870 777 6492 :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Hatts
...and I reply again...(abridged version)

...over and over again...last 16 months...stuck record...another essay...heresy...

..pleased to chat about it...0870 777 6492 :)
If you would kindly point me in the direction of the post(s) that deals with the dynamics of teams particpating in the PA being eventually able to 'take on the rest of the world', I will glady read it and will be more than interested in hearing how this new league is going to transform them into serious competition for the top teams of the world.

Pete...

what on earth makes you think it's in something as constricting and limited as a "post" on a bulletin board? Surprising as this may seem there are in fact other media available...which we both know fine well that you're well aware of...

You know, in my paranoia, I just can't help getting the feeling that you're working an angle here to try and set me up and take yet another pop at me and what we're trying to do...If that's not the case then I sincerely apologise.

One of the many reasons I hate forums and PM's so much is that they're too open to interpretation and far too easily taken out of context.

I've stated my case many times and I'm not going to do it again here...I will be stating it again in my introduction on Sunday for the managers attending the PA conference.

If you feel up to it, perhaps you'd like to explain to our riveted audience (which I assume is why we're having this conversation by this method rather than over the phone which could be done in 15 minutes) how carrying on doing it the way we've been doing it for the last 20 years is going to prepare teams for "top levels" of competition? Just curious.

Your Serve :D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Hatts

One of the many reasons I hate forums and PM's so much is that they're too open to interpretation and far too easily taken out of context.

your correct, back to the route of the arguement.....:D