The Home Of European Paintball

Getting your name on your playing top

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
For those of you unfortunate enough to live in/around Aylesbury,

Go to T-shirts unlimited out on the A41, very cheap, great service and you aren't limited to any lettering like footbal shirts.

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
The lady in the shop i took my top to said that I couldn't have my name & number in the good FA Premier League lettering cos it wasnt a Premiership Club top, but when I said I only wanted a name she said I could have that lettering or any others i liked.
Wierd
But I think it might have been that the big Football Numbers have the little premiership Lion logo at the bottom.

FUBAR

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
FANTASTIC!!!

Woohoo - when ringing around fails, get out and walk!

Having had a brainwave I decided to wander outside (eeek!) during my lunch break today.
I was getting rather downhearted as every sports shop I wandered into told me the same thing: try the rugby ground (I work in Twickenham).

My last resort was to try the school uniform shop just down the road from my office (ok, no smart-ar5e remarks - I saw they had school sports kit in the window :D) and guess what? They do lettering! bwahahaha!
£6, any lettering, done in minutes once the lettering comes in (tomorrow hopefully).

The lady at the counter *did* crease up when she saw what I wanted writing on it... hee :D

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Heh... well, not really my first choice but then when I signed myself up to the boards I didn't think that I'd be known by that name from there on, so now I'm stuck with it! :D

Still, there's a funny side to it... :p

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
Heh... well, not really my first choice but then when I signed myself up to the boards I didn't think that I'd be known by that name from there on, so now I'm stuck with it! :D

Still, there's a funny side to it... :p
How true is that!

I got a wierd enough look asking for FUBAR on my top and then a look of total confusement when I mentioned the word Paintball (poor woman nust have never heard of it in her life!)

I can just imagine you spelling it out Q...u...a...c...k...i....
and her slowly thinking to herself "this guy is mad" while pressing the panic button under the desk :D ;)

FUBAR

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Well, if I asked for mine and the guy behind the counter asked what SPWL stood for, I'd be a bit embarrased.

"Southwest Paintball League," I'd say.

"Oh.... hang on, shouldn't that be SWPL?"

"Ehhmmm, yeh, but I made a typo when registering on the p8ntballer forums and I don't wanna loose my 102 posts!"

"Ok...." (muttered under his breath), "Sad ***** t**t":D

No, seriously, anyone when how I can get the typo changed? Can the moderators do somehting about it?:confused: