Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

giving new young guns a bad time

matt bryant

Chill With Da Still
Oct 19, 2001
Visit site
One of the things that has always bothered me is the way that Some of the older players take the piss out of the younger and newer players and generally make them feel uncomfortable. Im not the sort of person that bothers about criticism of this sort because I believe that twats like that arent worth worryin about but im sure some kids are put off by this. I would like to think that seein young gun teams at tourneys would make older players pleased as it means the sport is getting more popular but obviously some of them think that there are already enough people playing the sport and therfore decide to put them off with stupid comments.
The above doesnt apply to many of the teams ive met as most of them have been extremely helpful and have offered their help in a number of different ways but it only takes a few ****ers to put someone off the game for good.

woodsta

Train hard--fight easy
Oct 12, 2001
Surrey
Old geezers

The last tournament i played at the otherday, EVERY single time i cam out of the field, i had some "older" geezer approach me and tell me i was not doing this, and if i did it like this, and i should have done that, after the first time i thought, bunch of old tarts, but after i thought, sh*t, maybe i should listen to them.
For once i listened to my elders and hey, we came second at that tournament.
I think that they are just trying to help us, not tell us we can't play, even if it sounds that way, like it did to me the third time i was told that there was another way. In paintball we can't always watch people upfront like rugby or something, we can only learn from what we are told and helped with.

We should be grateful sometimes to these old guys!!