Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Good Will Within the Law"...any Lawyers out there?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Hi peeps.

I am currently trying to get satisfaction from a company, regarding my expense due to their, intrinsically faulty product.

They have offered me a "goodwill gesture", (not financial)...I want financial reimbursement.

A letter I have from them, would seem to offer another route, on a given proviso, so I am looking for help, to slay these feckers.

Mods, hope you don't mind...I know we have some Legal Eagles out there.:D

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
if you have a faulty product and you have a full recipt then you are entitled to a full refund

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
I think skeet is looking for recompence due to the trouble caused by the product.

I.e. He bought a new car to go to visit his sick aunt. The car ****ed up and he had to rent one to visit aformentioned aunt. The replacement or refund on the car is pretty easy but getting a refund of trouble caused is harder but still very possible.

Maybe poo in a sock and threaten to hit them with it?

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
oh in that case no they do not have to, so they can just refund you and tell you to piss off you sponger :p

Skeet

Platinum Member
Well...any Heating Engineers out there? Suprima 50...

Potterton make a Suprima series Boiler.

It has a common, recurring fault, whereby, the PCB needs to be replaced, at a cost of £180 for the board, plus whatever the plumber wants to add ontop, plus his fee..so...£300 plus.

But they don't last, some people have had to have one a year.

Experts have checked the boards out (various designs to try an improve them) and it's just down to poor design and manufacture.

Watchdog have checked it out and they all agree.

I have had to replace my PCB, got it done professionally and cheap...and I want the money back.

Potterton have made a goodwill gesture, in the form of 12 months cover for my boiler...but, elsewhere in the letter, they state that, they couldn't reimburse me, as I had not provided an invoice, with the plumbers CORGI registration number, if I were to provide them with details to support it, they would reconsider So I did...and someone else has written back telling me to fcuk myself, or words to that effect.

But, she only stated that the Goodwill, could not be negotiated...whereas, I have provided the information, that they give as the only reason they couldn't reimburse me

So...I want blood...smeared on money...:mad:

G

Gassy

I am a Gas engineer and that problem with the potterton boilers have been known about for ages but they denied it completely.Everyone who works in the gas servicing/installation buisness knows about the pcb problems where they won't light the boiler on a morning and then just lockout.I have been to loads where potterton and British gas will blame everything and anything other than admit to the thing been sh*t.

Watch dog finally made potterton own up and admit it was a design problem .I don't know how you stand legally Skeet but its a well known problem in the industry with that boiler.