Feb 7, 2003
Spain
www.ninatoz.org
MILLENNIUM SERIES
EUROPEAN PAINTBALL CIRCUIT 2005

PRESS RELEASE – 15BPS CAP
Valid from 22/03/05 – 31/12/05

Millennium Series Rules 2005 - 15BPS Cap Press Release

For reasons of safety and in an attempt to nullify the effects of ‘cheater’ boards in the Millennium Series it has been decided to introduce a 15 balls per second cap on rate of fire. Also the Millennium Series has decided to alter the pre game inspection for the 2005 season to give a more reliable and repeatable set of tests that judges can perform and players can replicate. This should lead to a faster, as well safer, pre game check in. Therefore the following changes will be made to the rules and will be enforced for the first event of the 2005 season – the Maxs Masters, Germany. The new rulebook will be released Thursday March 24th.

Rate Of Fire CAP

11. Markers

11.01 Players may use a single .68 caliber semiautomatic paintball marker, which consists of a single barrel and a single trigger system. Double-action triggers are prohibited. Markers will be capped at 15 balls per second, defined as no two consecutive shot maybe timed shorter than 65ms apart, provided they shoot in semiautomatic or pump mode only defined as no more than one paintball is discharged for each trigger cycle. Shots to be stored up to 100ms after trigger pull and cancelled on the next trigger activation to allow guns to shoot at 15bps. Once the trigger is released only a single shot may be discharged thereafter.

11.02 The definition of a trigger is the moveable lever or button that comes in contact with the finger. The contacts of a switch are not a trigger. The cycling of a trigger requires an exertion of force by the finger on the trigger and a release of force by the finger on the trigger for each trigger cycle.

11.10 Any player who got caught during the game whose marker violates section 11 will be excluded from the remainder of the tournament and the player's team will forfeit the game during which this illegal marker was used, unless the player as such is without ill intent. The only way to prove no ill intention is to surrender immediately after the error occurred, but before it was detected by a referee.

If the error is being detected before the start of the game but after the pre-game chronographing procedure, the game will be forfeited but the player won’t be suspended

Pre Game Inspection

19.03 The chronograph referee will take a player’s marker and inspect it for the following:

1. Presence of foreign matter in the barrel, feed port or loader (hopper)

2. Any device, part, item, adjustment or lack thereof which would enable a player to increase either the muzzle velocity of the marker or change the shooting mode on the game field without resorting to the use of tools

19.04 After a marker passes the above inspection, such marker will then be checked for bounce, runaway and velocity (the “Rate of Fire Cap Test” will be made only during the game).

19.05 Marker Checking Procedure

- Mechanical Bounce Test - Markers will be tested for mechanical bounce by a bumping or jarring of the marker. Markers will be held by the rear of the main body and bumped on the tank or hopper. No contact will be made with the trigger. The marker will be deemed to have mechanical bounce if the marker fires during the bump test.

- “Runaway Guns” Test - All markers will be checked for “runaway” triggers. The marker will be fired rapidly. The testing judge, while rapidly firing the marker will suddenly cease to pull the trigger. Any marker that continues to fire after a delay of 100 ms while the trigger is NOT being pulled will be deemed to be a “Runaway Gun” and will not be allowed on the field.

- Marker Velocity Chronographing Test - All markers will be chronographed prior to going onto the field. The maximum muzzle velocity allowed will be 300 feet per second. Markers will be tested by firing over a radar chronograph.

20. On Field Chronographing

20.01 Chronographing on the field may be done at any time at the discretion of any Field Referee to determine if a marker’s muzzle velocity has risen above legal limits or the Rate of Fire Cap is being exceeded. Referees will seek to perform on field chronographing in a manner which least interferes with play.

20.05 Players with markers, which shoot more than one paintball within 65ms will be eliminated from play and suspended from the ongoing tournament.

Administration

Karlijn van Rongen

karlijn@millennium-series.com

Rules Committee

Andy Scutt, Joern Windler & Ulrich Stähr

rules@millennium-series.com

Super Fly

yeeeeah!
Nov 8, 2004
www.superflytv.com
so basically our guns have to be capped to 15 bps but not bounce or ramp?

how on earth does that solve anything???!?!?!?!?!!?

i take it all the test will be done by human and not robot?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
in other words if you pull the trigger and a ball comes out, you will be forfeiting the tournie.

no bounce, or ramp, therefore no control. at least with ramping, you can physically cap the ROF. i personally feel this to be a wee bit silly.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
It would appear that they can buffer shots only and must be capped at 15 bps - think it's quite workable

even allow for the buffering in the testing

A.B

Claudio

Aug 29, 2003
Switzerland
www.rodeurs.ch
Can you please help me with 2 points?
What exactly means:

Shots to be stored up to 100ms after trigger pull and cancelled on the next trigger activation to allow guns to shoot at 15bps. Once the trigger is released only a single shot may be discharged thereafter.
?

And how can I, as a player, check that my gun meets the Millennium rules? Shall I request a buddy to chronographs each shot to be sure that I’m above 65ms? Can anyone provide me with a realistic way to know if I shoot to fast?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by Super Fly
so basically our guns have to be capped to 15 bps but not bounce or ramp?

how on earth does that solve anything???!?!?!?!?!!?

i take it all the test will be done by human and not robot?
All your markers will have to be capped at 15bps.
And the test that they will do is section 19.05, do you see the check for ramping:)

And when does any marker shoot when you let go of the trigger:)

Russ

swave_gav

oh no!! not the clan
Aug 10, 2003
edinburgh
Originally posted by Russell Smith
All your markers will have to be capped at 15bps.
And the test that they will do is section 19.05, do you see the check for ramping:)

And when does any marker shoot when you let go of the trigger:)

Russ
ah but section 11.1 still states only 1 discharge per trigger

i c ur point tho, even the bounce test is sketcy a rapid fire test mmm so it could bounce like a demented rabit but as long as it stops ur ok mmmm right then

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
- Mechanical Bounce Test - Markers will be tested for mechanical bounce by a bumping or jarring of the marker. Markers will be held by the rear of the main body and bumped on the tank or hopper. No contact will be made with the trigger. The marker will be deemed to have mechanical bounce if the marker fires during the bump test.

So the above means that there will be no more of the insane attempts by the Judges to get the marker to bounce by trying to find the sweetspot on the trigger? -or- Is this in addition?