Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo problems

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
I have a standard Halo encapsulated in a suicide shell.

At my last tournament it seemed to keep chopping balls, (including one in the hopper itself which was a right arse to clean out.) I thought it might have been my Ego doing it but after switching to another hopper, and single feeding it yesterday I ruled out my Ego.

Yesterday the Halo was completely dead. I swapped the batteries and it took for ever to come on. I Had a red flashing light constantly on at one point. Later on I couldn't get it to turn off. (I finally did so after about 2 minutes.)

1. Any idea of the problem ?
2. Is it fixable ?
3. Should I just replace the internals ?
4. Should I use this as an excuse to place my order for an NXe Jrny, Pinokio, or something else ? :)

A Dinnie Ken

it is what it is - GioGoi
Aug 24, 2008
Inverness, Scotland.
1. Any idea of the problem ?
2. Is it fixable ?
3. Should I just replace the internals ?
4. Should I use this as an excuse to place my order for an NXe Jrny, Pinokio, or something else ? :)
I would use it as an excuse :cool: :eek: Not to sure mate i never had problems with my halo what board is in it? might be something to do with that im not sure. Sorry if that doent help lol

Lee

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
tried stripping it out completly and cleaning the eyes ??
New batterys and lowering the speed settings on it ???

If you was using brittle paint ( it is colder now ) theres a slim chance the loader was putting too much force on the stack and cruching the paint, slim but you never know. .

Id strip it down and really keys the eye first off

Hope that helps

Hawkins

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Thanks all, its been pointed out to me that the problems Im having are indicative of a board failure. In fact it won't turn on at all now. :( I'll be having a look at getting a replacement board for the short term with the possibility of using it as an excuse to get a new hopper :D

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Well my hopper is still doing it. I've swapped the board and Im still getting paint breaking, and its very annoying shooting soup.

Any other idea's ? Shooting at slow speeds seems to be ok, but ramping with this hopper only (regardless of the marker attached, and yesterday I was shooting an 06 and an 08 Ego,) gives me Cream of Draxxus soup.