Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help with o ring in fill nipple.

Kyle <3 Eclipse

Platinum Member
May 23, 2011
South East, Surrey
Hey, Hoping someone can help. I recently purchased a tank off the forum (for a friend) and first time I went to fill it up at the local dive centre it shot all the air out via the fill nipple, I have ordered a new o ring as the o ring in the fill nipple is damaged. Anyone know how to put the new one in? and how/what should i use to seal it? any help would be appreciated.

Might be able to post picture if this will help ? (its a H-18 bottle)

Thanks, Kyle.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
H18.... Yeah.

Heard about this and they're not actually H18. They're Giant Air which Just Paintball are selling and have slapped a H18 sticker on it saying "It's a new batch". Heard of and seen a couple of these now and they're all doing the same thing. Either physically shooting the fill nipple out, or leaking from the nipple.

The other issue is the fill nipple is not a standard thread and can not be replaced.

My advise: Send it back to the person you bought it off and have him cover the postage as I think he probably knew about this.

Advice to him: Get your money back from JP.

Edit: I could be wrong about all of this, but "H18 bottle releasing all air via fill nipple on the first use" sounds a little too similar to the ones coming out of Just.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I would be interested in having a look at this problem.

I will replace the oring for you foc, all you have to do is cover the postage.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Henry, I know it says H18 but from what I understand they are just labelled as H18 and are exactly the same as giant air.

Tom, good luck getting the oring out. The one we were changing on Saturday the fill nipple wouldn't come apart at all :p

Kyle <3 Eclipse

Platinum Member
May 23, 2011
South East, Surrey
also i saw these "giant air" tanks on jp and they wern't called hanger 18 :confused:
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/air/giant-air-4500psi-air-system.html
is this it?
how much did you pay for it by the way??
You say not to use anything to seal it ? no oil/nothing just dry ? ill post pictures later of the oring that it broke etc.

Yeah that looks to be the same. I spoke to JP and the guy on the phone was very helpful said he knew which o ring it was and its in the post. I paid £80 all in.