hopper...Halo?...Egg?

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
Hey

I Need a hopper for my 'Angel 04'

im pretty new to paintballing, and dont really know a good hopper from a bad one..

but im looking for a cheap-ish hopper...

i dont know...an egg2?

Well what ever your've got let me know...

Thanks

Tom

Skeet

Platinum Member
At t6eh moment, a new Hopper has been released..which looks very promising, teh Pulse...but..generally you will find most people either run a HALO/Reloader (same thing really), Velocity or Egg2.

Pulse looks to beat all.
Velocity is very good
Halo is great but can be a problem at times
Eggs break alot, but are reliable other than that (shells break) but arent as fast as a Halo.

However, seeing as you can only really shoot at 15.4 BPS...choice is yours as all bar the |Egg, will constantly feed that.

I may be convinced to sell an upped Halo, blue shells if you like..maybe. V35 board (good)etc

Stormtrooper32

stuck in a tech tent
Sep 23, 2006
on the paintball field
hi this may sound bias but its ont this is just the spec on the pulse it constantly pulses like a heart beat but when u have the rf chip installed it will only feed when u pull the trigger, thus it will feed as fast as ur gun can shoot, i have seen one enpty 186 balls in 9 secs so it pretty quick, also the drive motor and feed cone are removable without tools so easy to clean. shell is polycarb nice and strong for those accidents like smashing a nail into a table lol but seriously i cant fault it, prob the best loader i have used, and i still have a reloader b as back up:D :D

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
hi this may sound bias but its ont this is just the spec on the pulse it constantly pulses like a heart beat but when u have the rf chip installed it will only feed when u pull the trigger, thus it will feed as fast as ur gun can shoot, i have seen one enpty 186 balls in 9 secs so it pretty quick, also the drive motor and feed cone are removable without tools so easy to clean. shell is polycarb nice and strong for those accidents like smashing a nail into a table lol but seriously i cant fault it, prob the best loader i have used, and i still have a reloader b as back up:D :D
Firstly he's looking for a cheap hopper. He would have no use for something as powerful as a Pulse at £110 when a Halo can be picked up for £50. Hell, I got a V35'ed Halo off these forums for £40, and a V35'ed Halo has been shown to beat an RF Pulse (tested on an Ion). Proof:

To conclude, unless you're made of money go with a Halo ;)

-Will

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
An egg 2 would probably do you, if you're fussed about bps then stick a z board in it, still cheaper than a halo.

A mate of mine still uses an old revvy on his nexus cocker and gets along just fine.

Eggs take a lot of flak but I've never had a problem with either of mine, halos eat batteries and I've seen one and heard of a few other pulses breaking at the feedneck after just a few games.

Egg - cheap and cheerful and does the job... :)

paintball-lizard

Automag yeah baby yeah!
Oct 7, 2005
Kilsyth
...If you don't mind taping up the battery door every time you play ;) Also because Egg's are back heavy they put unnecessary strain on the feedneck.

-Will
Yes but you can do the battery mod to relieve the stress i think i still have a few left i will have to check.Also im going to have about 3 eggs up for sale when i get the new shells in from Planet.

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
thanks for all your replys...

So basicaly an egg would be best..but they are back heavy and can break easily (shells)

or I could spend a bit more and go for a Halo...

Well if thats the case ill go for a halo...white if i get the choice...

Anyone know where i can get a Cheap-ish one... lol If you can get cheap ones.

Thanks

Tom