Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

In regards to 'UKM 2007 Info Thread'

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
I created this so not to litter the info thread.

Its pretty obvious that new players hate ramping. As do the majority of the old guard.

The obvious reasons that come to mind for new players is the irrational, but understandable thought that they may regulary encounter a situation where they will be recieving a greater amount of pain. The older players main reasons being steak and kidney pies.

What are the other reasons do people have for not wanting ramping?

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
just the word ramping.

it also does incurr greater cost on other people - say you have a stock pm6 - your gonna have to get a new board just so you can ramp!

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Semi adds another element of skill to the game.
Ok apart from classing moving fingers fast as a skill, would you like to ellaborate.

I myself prefer semi because I can hit 15bps with the right setup, while others cannot.
Off topic but people can pull the trigger less times than yourself in 'semi' per second but I guarantee their ROF over yours will be higher.

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
just the word ramping.

it also does incurr greater cost on other people - say you have a stock pm6 - your gonna have to get a new board just so you can ramp!
This was the argument couple years back. But instead of drop-in boards people would have had to buy a new gun all together or to have some long haired freak install an eye mod. Either way with so many people regulary spend £50+ on fashion accessories alone, a drop in board wouldnt be too dramatic.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
okay okay - fair point but for those on a budget who dont spend on accessories - might be more difficult - but then if people used to have to buy new markers - fair play

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
I just dont see the point tbh.

And the argument for levelling the playing field isn't valid, the playing field isn't level even with ramping. People have different fitness levels, different sizes, can run faster/slower, so why should how fast you can fire be level? I see it more as a disadvantage to a player who has trained to fire at a constant high rof than anything else.