Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Inter university tourney

Inter Uni tourney

Hi John,

I am the secratary of the Durham Paintballing society, who are supposed to be organising the tournament next summer. Dan 2, the president of the society knows more of the details, but if you would like him to e-mail you the latest then I'll ask him for you at the beggining of term. I believe there is a website for it, thought I cant tell you the URL (because I don't know it, not because its a closely guarded secret).

There may be some confusion because there has been a handover, Alex (who was organising the tournamen) has regrettably left Durham.

There will be news posted here as soon as we know whats going on

Look forward to seeing you in the midle

Richard

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Hi Richard

We are going to try and get a Uni team going down here in Aberystwyth, which will be fun as last time they had 1 they shot up the collage bosses house and got the armed police to visit:mad:

Shame i won't be able to play in it, but i'm too old to be a student again.

Keep in touch and we'll see what we can do.

Alien

P.S If you want a tourny on the 30th of september we got one on at wrexham. 5 man sup-air on a CRICKET PITCH. We even have a bar overlooking it.
£75 entry
BYO paint
free co2 (no air, sorry)

This is a fun tourny, NO attitudes allowed.
If you want to know more Drop us a email.

Glad to see it is still going ahead,

I hope there is enough interest to make it a regular thing as im sure it would be very beneficial to paintball as a sport

I remember going on the website, hope its finished now it was quite frustrating before.
Post the link here when u find out..

later

Hi Alien, that Wrexam tourney

Hi Alien,

How was campaign? Did you get your new trigger job? I Shall have to wait and see about that Wrexam tourney, I will be up in Durham, so if the DUPS can organise a team (or some team will have me) then I'll be up for it in principle, don't know where I can get hold of paint, will there be any trade stands there?

As I have said to you on numerous occasions: would love to play we'll see how the practicalities work out.

I'm still without a marker at the moment, Planet are waiting for a delivery of roller sears, so I might not have it until I'm up north.

See you at some point no doubt

Richard

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Campaign was excellent. Loved every minute of it.
The blade trigger works sweet on the cocker (thank you Planet).

As for our tourny, get on the phone and organise a team NOW, you know you want to:D :cool:

If you need to borrow a marker (imagine, a rocket member borrowing kit, never thought i'd see the day:p ) you just got to ask. Got a cocker, shocker or a pump for rent.

Paint will be on sale at the site.

Alien

P.S. ask Vicky if she's got over meeting Lasoya yet;)

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Just to let everyone know.

I was in the process of sorting out an inter university tourney when Durham realised how stupid I was and kicked me out for failing my exams. So far I have contacted the student unions of every university in the country, arranged for the 6th Element Paintball Games site to be used (also a camping and caravan site so cheap student like accomodation availiable) and spoken to Steve Bull who is willing to help set up the event providing the wealth of experience gained from running his very successful series. Also set up a webpage to keep people updated with progress: http://unipaintball.tripod.com however I belive Dan is going to set up a new site as part of Durham university pages.

Positive responses have been gained from a number of universities however I believe not all uni paintball societies have been contacted by their union. So if you have a society and have not been contacted by your union or me personally then contact D.J.Edmunds@durham.ac.uk. Dan (2) is taking over the organising of this event from me so it WILL happen (on pain of death Dan). Bath will be bringing up a team so I will see you all there.
O for you Durham guys I am starting playing with a brand new team: Red Hot, in the South West League.
Any questions on the tourney now it's probably best to ask Dan however feel free to still contact me if you want.

Alex.