Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion angel 05 speed or eclipse E1 cocker??

drmaccon

The Doc
Sep 19, 2006
Midlands- Leicester
Thought id start a new line cause my qu had kinda changed a bit!

Playing for 18months casually using a spyder, can strip it n all that jazz. Am looking to play more n get into some more tourney ball and therefore want a new marker.

Can get a new ion (bout 140- would buy it from gizmos!) and mod it up, a second hand angel speed 05 for £200 (without air), or an eclipse E1 cocker with air for £220.

Really struggling to decide as i want a gun that looks good, hopefully wont break 2 quick and fires nice!
And i'm being a cheapass as my wife'll kill me if i blow tons on a marker!!!!
Sad days!!!

Would appreciate some impartial advice!

maccon!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
wait for the usual ION lovers to come in and talk crap but anyway;)

go for the speed if you can afford it ..vastly superior build quality to the ion ,much easier to maintain and a lot of gun for the cash ,only downside is it may be less tolerent of **** paint htan the ION but needs no upgrades at all

i wouldnt bother with the cocker at all

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
like most things, cockers are great if you get a great cocker. I own a highly modded ion and a slightly modded evo-x race gun.

The race gun is a a thing of rare beauty. I never really liked eclipse cockers.

Ion's are fine if you like to fiddle with your gun, but i've spent about £200 getting mine how i'd like it, the racegun only cost me £165 posted, with a new noid and ti cocking rod, and i've done nothing to it, its just perfect

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
like most things, cockers are great if you get a great cocker. I own a highly modded ion and a slightly modded evo-x race gun.

The race gun is a a thing of rare beauty. I never really liked eclipse cockers.

Ion's are fine if you like to fiddle with your gun, but i've spent about £200 getting mine how i'd like it, the racegun only cost me £165 posted, with a new noid and ti cocking rod, and i've done nothing to it, its just perfect

£220 for the speed 05 sounds a better deal. No need to buy expensive and useless mods, the speed 05 doesn't need any.

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
on a side note, when the ionphiles do turn up, has anyone ever bought a stock ion that has eyes that work?

I know a few guys with ions, but never met anyone who got a factory fitted working set.