Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion leak

mushk1n

The Guitar hero!
May 7, 2007
London
stripped the noid down, cleaned it up (not much to clean really) and still the same problem!:confused:
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/edmunds1707/?action=view&current=MOV00057-1.flv

Will now do the reg, after that i'm buggered if I know lol cos thats everything stripped and cleaned.

-ChEf
when you put the reg back together, let me know how many times you turn the reg to acheive 150 psi... Long shot but it may be a fault guage? and your pressure maybe too low... however, don't turn it too high incase your guage isnt wrong!!

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
when you put the reg back together, let me know how many times you turn the reg to acheive 150 psi... Long shot but it may be a fault guage? and your pressure maybe too low... however, don't turn it too high incase your guage isnt wrong!!

gotta goto work now:mad:

But when I undid the reg from the main body, I opened it up fully, put it back on and the gauge went to 200 and stuck there with NO air going into the body at all, it would not even fire. The only way to get the air out was to undo the top banjo above the reg????
I also screwed it most of the way back to try and remedy this and the same thing happened.
Will investigate further when I get home tonight.

-ChEf

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
All the ions vent air from the noid like that, thats why installing a QEV speeds up dwell time as air vents straight away and does not have to go all the way back through the noid to vent. My guess is the reg is in some way screwed, as mentioned before try a different reg and see if it works :D

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Right then...

Just put my ego 8 reg on it and same chuffin problem:mad:

I turned the output pressure right down (off) before attaching it to the ion, then slowly cranked it up to 150 on the gauge and the same thing...it just farts air out the noid. I even cranked it upto just below 200 and still the same. I'm guessing the gauge works as it moved with the adjustments made?!?!? there are no leaks anywhere on the board/pipes. I'm now thinking blockage somewhere but I cant see anything obvious?!?!?

-ChEf

mushk1n

The Guitar hero!
May 7, 2007
London
I would suggest trying a new board if possible. Doesn't sound like it could be anything else. You should be able to pick up a second hand stock board for <£10 or a blackheart for <£30.

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
I would suggest trying a new board if possible. Doesn't sound like it could be anything else. You should be able to pick up a second hand stock board for <£10 or a blackheart for <£30.
Yeah...thinking thats the best bet to be fair. Warped are gonna cost £20 to take a look at it so I may well just buy one from here and see what happens.

Its not the reg, not the on/off, theres no leaks, tried four brand new fresh procells. As you say...cant really be anything else aside from the board.

Cheers anyway.

-ChEf

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
just an idea, have you checked theres nothing inside the internal hoses.

there transparent and there is nothing obvious in them. I have also removed all the banjos and blown through them both ways and they are fine, stripped out the noid and its also debris free.

Air is getting to the gauge upto 150-200 but there seems to be a lack of pressure getting to the bolt (if any).

Every trigger pull just results in air being dumped out the noid and fack all else:(

Will (once again) pull it all apart to quadruple check it untill someone pops up with the part I need.

I'm gonna get a new board for the piece of crap and hopefully thats it done!!!
(getting ragged off with it now as you can probz tell:rolleyes:)

Cheers again for all your input chaps.

-ChEf