Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion leak

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Got a ion for a mate and aired it up today for first time. It cycled but almost like it had no air going through it. Sounded similar to a ego on training mode only slightly quieter:confused: kinda like it was making a farting noise.

I took of grip and it seems theres a leak every time it dry fires as I felt air coming from inside the grip frame during evry trigger pull

I stripped it down, checked all the banjos etc, bolt, firing can etc and it all seemes fine. there are no big obvious leaks and all pipes are well connected onto board.
Its been a LONG while since I had a ion and was wondering if anyone can throw any ideas my way as I kinda need to get it fixed asap.

-ChEf

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
as balf says most likely dwell.
try bring it up around 5 clicks and try firing again.

does it fire less and less strongly if you keep firing rapidly?
if so could be starving for air through the reg (clean it) or possibly through the ASA (especially if its the stock one...)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
acutally yeh, when i set the dwell too low it caused a simmilar problem apart from the leak.

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Checked the dwell setting?

Will have to consult my pdf manual (on my p.c somewhere lol) to work out the settings. Would that cause air to be pushed out of the grip area (by battery) every time a shot is fired?
(I only noticed it as I changed the battery a few times and left the grip open, put my hand around it and fired a few shots and felt air being pushed out during every shot. NO leaks though untill trigger is pulled)

Will go look at how to set/check dwell now.

Wont be able to test untill 2morrow though as kids are in bed though.

-ChEf