Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Its not april 1st. But you are selling these?

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Learning By Our Mistakes ?

Here at Planet Eclipse HQ we utterly respect the opinions of our customers and this $20 wristband, no matter how innocently we intended it to be, has caused unrest. We do not want to fool, con, lie to or mislead anyone with any product we produce.

The Power Balance wrist bands may or may not do anything. Nobody here at Planet Eclipse is a Scientist and it could very well be the case that we have been taken in by the hype, though we did actually perform the tests ourselves. Perhaps it was a bad error of judgement to have this product made... So my decision is that I’m not going to sell this item. We have taken this product off-line and we will be contacting the few dealers that have already purchased them in order to give them a full refund. If you have purchased one of the Planet Eclipse Power Balance wristbands and would like a refund please contact the dealer you purchased it from.

As a lot of the critics have said these wristbands could be and possibly are a ‘Placebo Effect’ item, which may be true or not - who knows? All I know is that we tried it ourselves and couldn’t deny the effects. So here’s what I propose….I am going to try and pass on this ‘Placebo Effect’ to our sponsored teams and send them a bunch of the Power Balance wristbands and see what they think. If they do nothing at all, the very least they will do is fulfil their primary function as a cool fashion accessory.

If you feel we have insulted your intelligence we apologise. This was certainly not the intention.

One last word on the matter… I have checked our e-mail account for Planet and there is not a single e-mail saying, “Hey, you do know those wrist bands are a con, don’t you?” If anyone ever has any issues with any items from Planet Eclipse then please try contacting us directly. We are humans and thus are fallible. We make mistakes but we will always listen and learn from these mistakes and do the very best we can to put things right.

LEDZ

Planet Eclipse

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
you know, it's called a placebo effect for a reason.

the product might do nothing (or something!) but if it does grant a placebo effect rather than a real effect, it is still doing something.

hell, placebos have been shown to be as medically effective as actual drugs in curing some conditions. so if it works for someone, be it a "real" effect or a psychosomatic effect, then at least it's done something.

and from seeing these things worn by some people, it's as much a statement of perceived "cool" as for any actual benefit.

sell them or not. sell them as a fashion accessory with "suggested" benefits. leave to buyers to make up their own mind. why let the voice of half a dozen people on here swing that decision......

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
As a lot of the critics have said these wristbands could be and possibly are a ‘Placebo Effect’ item, which may be true or not - who knows? All I know is that we tried it ourselves and couldn’t deny the effects.

LEDZ
I am the most Cynical person I know and only deal in facts. If it can not be proofed on paper, scientifically, then it doesn’t work...... HOWEVER

My wife has ongoing dull pain in her wrist and after a few weeks someone tells her to buy a magnetic bracelet. I Say waste of money!
She wears it and after a few days pain is gone? Placebo effect I think...
She breaks it six months later and thinks nothing of it..
She then starts to complain about pain in her wrist again.
I say where is the bracelet?
She remembers she broke it, so I say get another one immediately, great value now!
She puts it on NO pain 1 year on.

There is no proven scientific reason why this works but I, now know it does.

Will it work for someone else, I don’t know.

What I do know is everyone has a choice to buy or not to buy, so put them back on the shelves and let’s test them out ;)