Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just a little bitchin'...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
A few things that piss me off about tournaments at the moment:

- Why does every single field have different rules? Why does one field allow me to shoot when I have one foot out of the flagstation, while at another I have to cross the backline first? Why do I have to start gun down at one field, and can I start gun up at another?
- Why can certain teams get away with 4 foot tall players that wear jerseys that would be baggy and oversized on me and Baca put together?
- Why do I have to show my ID card at the first day of the tournament, sporadically at the second day, and never on the final day, because there is no security at all?

Anybody else got any bitchin’ to add?

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Buddha, just to play a little devils advocate (and also because you lot beat ma boys ;) ):

Did you raise these gripes at the site to the organisers/tournament ultimate?

you could have potentially raised the different start methods very early on Saturday (after your 2nd game when you knew that different fields were using different methods) and helped improve the tourney

:D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Flash-Bugout
Did you raise these gripes at the site to the organisers/tournament ultimate?
:D
Well, once the event was underway, it was a bit too late to change all these things. But rest assured that I will do my utmost to ensure that these points of critique end up where they should, so that hopefully they will be taken on board.

And sorry about beating you guys. I'll try not to do it again. ;)

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
I suppose most people have a lot of their minds considering they probablly just want to play fair paintball and not do the organizers job of keeping a tourney???

Not being at MAXS means I can't comment on this, but when I'm going to a tourney I don't want to spend all my time locating and bargaining with the organizers (they always say they are too busy to listen anyway)

Pinky :)

Gislo

Banned
Mar 7, 2002
Sweden
www.flens-paintball.com
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Well, once the event was underway, it was a bit too late to change all these things. But rest assured that I will do my utmost to ensure that these points of critique end up where they should, so that hopefully they will be taken on board.

Why was it too late? Me too were confused about the different starts on different fields - but I could easily have gone to Steve and Iam sure he would have sorted it out. (That part wouldnt have been to difficult would it, really? No one did though, including me...)

And same with the ID check, me too saw them not standing there during the finals - if it would have bothered me, if it really affected me, I guess I could have walked to the air guys or the info tent and just bitch a sec about it.

But really, the ID check is a joke. I could easily have registered myself as "Tom Henkins" and said I played for "Team X" and I would have gotten myself free access to steal whatever I wanted. Or I could have taken the backdoor in, at the chronostation i.e. Just put your paintball gear on, role around in the gras for a while and get some paint on ya and look mad about "the game" you just lost ;).
But I guess thieves don´t want to pay 30 euro to steal a marker worth 3000 euro, right? :D
- I think the whole security issue needs to be re-thought.

But yes, you are right about rules not being consistent - i agree. One way to help as players of the series is to know the rules and complain, complain and complain - but sometimes you need to do this on site and not always afterwards on the net!
When the marshals on field X tells me that there is no 30 seconds on this field you say - "what are you talking about? it´s in the rules - play by them!". How far are they willing to take it? I dunno. Maybe someone should try it sometime.
But it seems to me that people are willing to complain on the net, but not on the site - which one do you REALLY think works best? Honestly? Sure it takes you 10 seconds to walk by the info tent to throw the crap at them, but what the hell... (?)

And sure I got some feedback. What about some soft drinks to human prices for god sake! 1.80 euro for a GLAS, a GLAS of coke? :) ... man I was willing to RUN in soccer shoes to the nearest gas station just to get 1 liter for 1.40.
Seriously - a cafeteria should be able to serve soft drinks shouldn´t they? And to good prices. Other then that I think the cafeteria was great!

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:
To comment Pinky´s remark: Sure you are right, you shouldn´t have to. But seeing as the marshals are players too and just want to play paintball perhaps some times you, as a player, need to step up and tell it to their face rather then on the net? It gives so much better results doing it on the spot, and not after the tournament seeing as they will not marshal another event this year heh... see my point?

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
- Why does every single field have different rules? Why does one field allow me to shoot when I have one foot out of the flagstation, while at another I have to cross the backline first? Why do I have to start gun down at one field, and can I start gun up at another?

Word!
Buddha, this problem won't go away until someone decides that it's worth tackling. I agree that we need consistency within the judging teams, so drop a mail to the Millenium series guys, and see what they say about it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Gislo
Why was it too late? Me too were confused about the different starts on different fields - but I could easily have gone to Steve and Iam sure he would have sorted it out. (That part wouldnt have been to difficult would it, really? No one did though, including me...)

And same with the ID check, me too saw them not standing there during the finals - if it would have bothered me, if it really affected me, I guess I could have walked to the air guys or the info tent and just bitch a sec about it.

But really, the ID check is a joke. I could easily have registered myself as "Tom Henkins" and said I played for "Team X" and I would have gotten myself free access to steal whatever I wanted. Or I could have taken the backdoor in, at the chronostation i.e. Just put your paintball gear on, role around in the gras for a while and get some paint on ya and look mad about "the game" you just lost ;).
But I guess thieves don´t want to pay 30 euro to steal a marker worth 3000 euro, right? :D
- I think the whole security issue needs to be re-thought.

But yes, you are right about rules not being consistent - i agree. One way to help as players of the series is to know the rules and complain, complain and complain - but sometimes you need to do this on site and not always afterwards on the net!
When the marshals on field X tells me that there is no 30 seconds on this field you say - "what are you talking about? it´s in the rules - play by them!". How far are they willing to take it? I dunno. Maybe someone should try it sometime.
But it seems to me that people are willing to complain on the net, but not on the site - which one do you REALLY think works best? Honestly? Sure it takes you 10 seconds to walk by the info tent to throw the crap at them, but what the hell... (?)

Just my 2 cents.

Gis, you gotta remember, the identity card idea wasn't introduced to address problems of accountability or security, it was introduced to create another income stream and that came from the mouth of one of the promoters to me....is it any wonder they ain't too bothered whether it works or not ?