Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just a little bitchin'...

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Player ID's where only requested on the fields on Monday.

It seems they stopped the Security into the players area on Monday, there was also no security by the back door, which is more than likely where the thiefs would come and go?

The cafeteria was good, so good infact i got some loose coins in my spaghetti, which tasted very nice.

I thought the venue was well set out, perhaps the X-ball was a little too dark - but this was the first one i have watched so i cant compare with others.

The drink tokens sucked, 2euro's for any drink isnt an inviting option. However on the finals day the tokens where removed - the beer was cheaper and the cups were bigger!

The Players area was good, lots of space - slippery floor, but hey we had a red carpet to walk on.

Perhaps more than 2 chrono's would reduce the waiting time in the morning??

I enjoyed the tournament, but consistant marshalling on all fields wouldnt go a miss. :)

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
i feel that the start of the game should be the same on every single field, you get some fields where they all put there hands up and others where they blow a whistle Etc.

I also feel that swearing should be looked upon more harshly and all the rules should apply to every team. some marshalls treat the better teams different to the novice teams etc

just thought i would add my little bit.

Kyle

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Why can't we get a decent schedule the day before the event? Are teams still signing up the night before???

Why does the Angel field always run behind schedule?

Why do players have to show how fast they can shoot at the chrono range? Is this supposed to impress me???

Why does my team always stage by the chrono range when I'm hung over?

Why is it always the refs fault you lost? Do you really think there's a conspiracy to keep your novice team down???

Why does Evil taste so bad?

OK, that last one may be self-explanatory.... :D

R

raehl

Why do we give players web forums to post on?

Oh, wait... I guess that's not the kind of bitchin' you're all looking for. ;)

I think a lot of it is "employee" turnover. The people you have fullfilling certain functions at an event are not the same people who were doing it the previous event, which means you almost totally lose the ability to turn over lessons learned.

Going from event to event, or even worse league to league, things can be significantly different. Ideally, (and I'm stealing this idea from someone else's post I read recently somewhere - may have been here, may have been NCPA) we shouldn't need to have captain's meetings. You're given the schedule, you show up, and players and refs know what the rules are because they're the same rules from last time.

As for ID's, there is no ID system currently in paintball that is worth anything. In order to have a serious ID system, everyone participating in it needs to REQUIRE ID, and anyone receiving an ID must PROVE their identity. On top of that promoters need to collect player information ELECTRONICALLY and verify it PHYSICALLY. We're getting closer, but I have to laugh a little bit whenever some event promoter claims they're going to "check player eligibility". How? By looking at the 100+ pieces of paper with a bunch of illegible names scrawled on them from last year? Yeah right. I'm probably the only promoter in paintball who can tell you with any certainty who plays our events - and only the one event (Nationals) where we've computerized everything and actually check people's photo ID's. Nobody else does that, and it needs to be done.

- Chris

* I will make the possible exception that the Pan-Am ID system works well within Pan-Am.

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
Originally posted by shamu

Why do players have to show how fast they can shoot at the chrono range? Is this supposed to impress me???
:rolleyes:

I like to see wether my marker functions optimal before I enter the field and therefore have to shoot a couple of fast ballstrings as well... Always nice to see you greased it properly, didn't set up the trigger too tight, chose the right bore size, the marker keeps the velocity up when shooting fast strings and you dont have to think about the extra balls you carried to the chrono area...

:D

Pinky :)

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
the issue of , how u start needs to be resolved , at campaign u could start with ur guns up on one field and guns down on another, and not shoot until uve crossed the line.or shoot once ur outta ur base.
-something needs to happen. me i like guns up and shoot once ur out of the base. - ppl werent getting pulled when they shot outta the base when they were supposed not to shoot until they got on the field so just make a all field rule which the judges Know about.

- i agree with pinky about testing the marker on the chron range, i know i do it and alot of other ppl do it to.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Game starting procedure

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
It would be quite easy to put this in the rules !

I believe teams should not be allowed to shoot until they cross the line, as you can otherwise use the base as cover from one side of the field. - Guns up or down makes no difference if you do it this way.

Yes - "1, 2, 3 - 10 seconds" is quite sufficient, as long as the head judge asks teams if they are ready first.

As for shooting fast at the chrono range - lots of players (myself included) will shoot an entire hopper at maximum BPS at the chrono range, to make sure you can do so in game also, without problems.

BTW - what is the deal with two chronoes for 500 players ???? - Organisers should make sure there were at least 10 there, so people don't have to queue up for half an hour in the morning, to get to chrono.

Nick
Completely agree with all the points made by Nick here!

Paul
:)