Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lack of Tourney Players!!!!

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
I know this has been touched on before but i'm sure its getting worse, the lack of Tourney players!! There's another thread floating about regarding Tourney players going back into the woods, but something is happening and its getting quite serious. Teams, Impact, Basic, Wolf have all had trouble to get players this year, Campaine power folded late last year and merged with Jags, and i'm now hearing that Jags have now folded, and even my Team has had a few problems getting players. I just hope there's more players to fill these gaps as i hate to think how many teams are going to be left by the end of next year. Does any other team or players think the same way or am i going mad!!!!!!!!!

pestilence

www.ppemporium.com
Jul 6, 2001
Cambs, England
WWW.PPEMPORIUM.CO.UK
Twizz - i agree.

It does seem that pb in the UK tourney scene is in regression (again?). Of all the ballers I've known in the last 6 years, perhaps only 2 are still going on anything like a regualr basis. These boards seem to be populated by the "same old faces" New blood just dosen't seem to stand out.

There are new teams popping in (and out) all the time - but like you say how many are made up of folded (and re-folded) players? There certianly isn't much in the way of old teams still in existence - perhaps 5 or 6 in the UK older than 6 years?

Look at the UKM7's - brilliant venue - centralish - 20 teams! I just seem to remember there always being alot more competion in the UK..... Are we spread too thin?

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
I agree to some extent,
i really want ot start playing tournaments and have been searching for teams in my area, and i am sure that there are lots of other people who want to play tourney ball but just have not found a team and if one wast ocome along they would jump at the oppotunity.

There is a soultion however= get people out of punter ball and into tournaments!!

ohh and 'new blood' MOI!!

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Another underlying problem is progresion. There are plenty of players around who could do well for Jags, stealers, whoever. But how? Perhaps the bigger teams should hold regular trials to attract new blood?

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Tricky said:
Another underlying problem is progresion. There are plenty of players around who could do well for Jags, stealers, whoever. But how? Perhaps the bigger teams should hold regular trials to attract new blood?
we have had trials, i have tryed 4 time and i have had 3 poeple show interest thats all, and we have quite a good sponsorship package, i also tryed doing Training days for free for players at the start of the year, everone said what a good idea, then dates were set and....................4 people showed interest, Robbo has tryed doing training weekend but, for a change not much interest!!!!!

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
Tricky said:
good idea

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Last time I saw a trial advertised it stated front players only, that seems to be a recurring theme for uk teams, desperate for front players.
Next time you trial for mids/backs let me know and I'll be there.:D