Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lens Cleaner

macintoshmad

Man in the bush
May 17, 2009
England
i was cleaning out the garage today and he told me, that they was some good forms of lens cleaners in the garage, i found a spray and chemical wash, or some thing , he apparently got it when he was working in sweeden, suppose to be quite expensive, used for cleaning PPE Glasses and len's prevents fogging, just wanted to know if either of these would be ok to put on a lens of a paintball mask

http://img43.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img1645.jpg

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I wouldn't recommend using chemical lense cleaners, you can only really use them on the outside of the lense and some lenses don't react well. I've used the spray cleaner for my glasses on the outside of JT spectra lenses and it was great for removing paint smears but ruined a set of old grillz lenses.

Best thing I've found for cleaning lenses is water with a bit washing up liquid in it.

For Anti fog Johnson and johnson no more tears shampoo works a treat. Put a few drops on the inside of the lenses, smear it all over with your finger and then gently wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
agreed. only use the lens cleaner stuff on the outside as it has a tendency to destroy any antifog coating.

i used the JT cleaner on a pair of grillz with an old lens and had the same experience as andy.....the coating began to flake off in timy areas by the end of the day.

stick with a very very dilute solution of a mild detergent for cleaning any "thermal cure" type lens. for dual-pane thermals you can generally use the cleaner fluid on the outsides, but wouldn't recommend it on the insides.