Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Looking for people to share this great hobby with - Northamptonshire.

Mephestic

Sep 1, 2012
Hello guys!

I played paintball for the first time last week and loved it and am thinking of getting into it more regularly.

Im from Leicester and played at Rebel Sports in Ratby which I think was an "ok" site.

I have just bought a mask which is a JT Flex 8 which I understand should be my first purchase. I am hoping this solves the foggy lense issue I had with the rental masks I had to use!

I will be looking to get a marker soon and it will either be the Tippmans A5 Or Tippmans A5 Egrip but im not sure what the difference is exactly and whether the Egripp is actually better and worth the extra money? (Opinions on this welcome by the way!)

As the OP mentioned - im stuck in the same boat - I have a lack of friends that are interested in paintball meaning I have the desire but the lack of actual playing buddies currently to make it possible.

I imagine I may get my Marker next month sometime as im 27 and married with other commitments (bills, mortgage etc and a wife to please!) hence I cant go crazy spending silly money but will need to be a little wiser with what I do buy.

I played "Woodsball" I believe but I would be keen to play anything really I just enjoy playing paintball.

Are there any people here interested in perhaps playing together sometime? What are my options? any walk-on areas in the east midlands possible?
I will look to get a marker/hopper/air cannister next month (end of september) and should be good to play sometime october/november if people are interested!

:)

Hand666

Jun 12, 2012
A5 is agreat marker with egrip 900 shots per minuteswhere can you go wrong.
Any way come and join us on northantsgiants.co.uk. and find out more.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
There are loads of players fairly local to you, in the Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Coventry & Warwickshire area.

Are you the same guy that posted on another forum? If so, I think I've already given you quite a bit of info to think about with a response on that other post.

Reactions: Mephestic

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
www.northants-giants.co.uk
Hi Mephestic.

I'm the OP! Since that OP we have come a really long way. Found a group of people now 13 strong and set up a team. We've played quite regularly over the last few months and have more planned in the pipeline.

Take a look on our website:

www.northants-giants.co.uk

I have a Tippmann A5, and if I'm honest I regret buying it. There is nothing wrong with it, it really depends on who you are and what you want. If you want something that you can buy loads of extras to attach to it and want to look like a bad ass military dude, then go for an A5. It shoots quite well too.

If you want a marker that will give you the best chance of getting kills on the field, then get a tourney style marker, and there are some very good bargains going second hand on this website.

Now my A5 sits in the kit bag as a back up and I've bought the marker in my avatar pic instead. Which I love.

Whatever you chose, I would really recommend buying second hand from this, or the uk scenario website as you save a ton of money and usually the bits are very well looked after.

Oh and the the difference between E-grip and regular is simply the trigger mechanism. The normal trigger is your semi-auto trigger, shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. The E-Grip is an electronic trigger, and you can set it to burst mode, full auto, turbo mode, double tap etc.

I should mention that you'll likely get a £600 marker second hand working perfectly though a couple of years old from this forum for the same money you'll get a new Tippmann A5.

Hope to see you at a walk on some time soon.

Last edited:

Karl M

Aug 28, 2012
hey all,

already spoken to godforbid and iron hide but thought i would make myself known to the rest of you's... brought some empire events from ironhide today and will be ordering an invert halo too in the next few days.

i am looking to play once or twice a week at sabotag e paintball but got advised by ironhide that most places will only allow mechanical markers and i would preferably like to steer clear of the milsim markers so i was looking at the azodin kaos? anbody used or have an opinion on these?

luckily i am n the position t o buy a second more expensive electronic marker if i start to play with the northants giants at comps etc and i feel the need for a better marker but for punter days and walk ons i would like a cheap but reasonalbe sup'air style mechanical marker especially seeing as i am new to the game.

hope to see you around sometime
karl

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
hey all,

already spoken to godforbid and iron hide but thought i would make myself known to the rest of you's... brought some empire events from ironhide today and will be ordering an invert halo too in the next few days.

i am looking to play once or twice a week at sabotag e paintball but got advised by ironhide that most places will only allow mechanical markers and i would preferably like to steer clear of the milsim markers so i was looking at the azodin kaos??????????????? anbody used or have an opinion on these?

luckily i am n the position t o buy a second more expensive electronic marker if i start to play with the northants giants at comps etc and i feel the need for a better marker but for punter days and walk ons i would like a cheap but reasonalbe sup'air style mechanical marker especially seeing as i am new to the game.

hope to see you around sometime
karl
Most places will allow any type of marker as long as it can be set to no high then 300 fps so.

Find a marker you are happy with and take this from there. All Toury style markers can be used in the woods and on a field get down to a walk on and try a few

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
It depends what context you're talking in.

If you are on about using your own kit at a 'punter' day then, if a site allows this at all, many do say mech only. If they allow electro's then they may specify semi only and a low ROF (say 8-10bps).

If you are attending walk-ons or larger events then you can usually use any type of marker, as long as you abide by any event specific firing modes, FPS and ROF caps.

Reactions: rexy and Bolter

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
It depends what context you're talking in.

If you are on about using your own kit at a 'punter' day then, if a site allows this at all, many do say mech only. If they allow electro's then they may specify semi only and a low ROF (say 8-10bps).

If you are attending walk-ons or larger events then you can usually use any type of marker, as long as you abide by any event specific firing modes, FPS and ROF caps.
Gotta agree totally.

Yet this is something we all should remember. Not ref marker but site rules.

Huw Evans

Oct 4, 2012
Northants
hey, im local to northampton and am trying to get back into paintballing after 3 years of not playing!
I used to play super5ives for demo squad and tbh i wouldn't mind getting into woodsball either!
but im finding it hard to find teams up here that are recruiting! just wondering if you guys have any room for another?