Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Low Profile Loaders?

Discussion in 'Hoppers' started by vDubLeics, Mar 11, 2015.

1. vDubLeics Leicestershire Paintballer

vDubLeics
    Message Count:
    Hi. i'm looking for a low Profile Loader for my Empire Sniper. while messing around i put the A5 loader up to the sniper and it look awesome but obviously it wont fit... is there anything on the market that will be as low profile as the A5 loader but with a standard feed neck

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Can't make an A5 wide neck hopper fit a standard feedneck?
    Must try harder ....

lowprofile.jpg

More seriously ...

50shot.jpg

50 shot hoppers come in a variety of styles

3. vDubLeics Leicestershire Paintballer

vDubLeics
    Message Count:
    i have been looking at adapting the A5 hopper... but i thought i would ask people before i went mad and started breaking my A5 loader

4. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Don't do it!
    That was a still from the b movie horror 'paintball', and is a fake item. They had various standard and cyclone hoppers stuck to the wrong guns with masking tape

For an a5 low profile hopper I'd assume you have the x7 low profile, as the true a5 hopper is fat and chunky

To make the wide feedneck go down to a standard feed would mean some form of funnel and would defeat the object of low profile

If you want reasonably normal size but low profile then self mod option you could have is to take a standard hopper and shave away at the centre

All that being said, I believe that i have seen photos of a mystery standard feedneck version of the x7 low profile - for the tippmann 98. Whether any realy got made I don't know

5. vDubLeics Leicestershire Paintballer

vDubLeics
    Message Count:
  6. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    If its a gravity loader avoid going too low profile, a taller ball stack helps prevent jams. If you are going gravity I can't recomend the empire multi calibre hopper (aka sportshot) enough, true capacity is 140 but feeds much better with 100 shots in. If you want smaller the APP 50 (not the the one shaped like a scope) is good but ideally needs a pod lid glued on to work best.

The Sportshot will take an exalt speedfeed as well, if you can't tell I'm a bit enamored with this hopper and its only £4 at Just:

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/empire-multi-caliber-loader.html

I put 900 balls through mine on my phantom last weekend and didn't get a single jam, just remember to take the .50 cal insert out!

7. vDubLeics Leicestershire Paintballer

vDubLeics
    Message Count:
    It wasn't my plan... still looking into it to see of it will work... but i had nothing better to do so i bodged this in 5 mins... but i'm not expecting it to work particularly well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Canon Fodder likes this.
  8. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    That should work fine!

9. vDubLeics Leicestershire Paintballer

vDubLeics
    Message Count:
    just tested it and it doesnt feed very well... from full to empty i had to shake it about 7 times... i think the problem is that the pod need more of an angle on it. o well was worth a try

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    Try mounting it on the gun so that with the feedneck full of balls there is half a ball sticking up into the main bit of the hopper (meaning it might not be pushed all the way down in the feedneck). Not a trick I've tried but heard it helps the little APP hoppers like that feed better since as that ball moves out of the way the next has some why to roll into the feedneck. Regarding the angle of the pod remember you'll normally be aiming up a bit when shooting so that might help, Then buy a Sportshot!