hpr betweeen 280-300

dwell 10 to start

this is usung either std hammer or aluminium

this gives me 285-290 with aluminium hammer

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Just got an 05 Ego and planning future upgrades. It's pretty standard at the moment apart from an 07 cure bolt that I've just stuck in. Given it a compete strip & clean, and rebuilt the regs. Now attempting a few tweaks on the trigger set-up using the TT filter + travel adjusters and the pull seems a lot better.

Interested in feedback from those running the Lucky AAV. Is the reduction in kick very noticable, and how has the kit improved the guns efficiency? On average how many shots would expect from a 1.1L 3.5K bottle using the AAV?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Hoped I'd get some feedback on the AAV valve by now. There must be a few guys running them on Egos out there... maybe not?

Oh well - I'll give Lucky a call for advice instead :confused:

O

ollytheosteo

I know robof9 had one which he was trying for a bit, but never really had much luck with it. This is hearsay as I've never used one but I understand they can be a bit hit and miss. I'll let him know about this thread and see what he can offer in advice/feedback:)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
theres not much kick with a stock ego if you set it up right tbh....

i think these kinda things are a bit gimmicky..
titanium rams
air valves
lighter springs

something is always compromised from the feedback ive read
and there is often more problems than benefits.

tbh if kick is ruining your game, spend the cash on training paint and improving your gun handling skills before splashing out on unproven "upgrades"

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Used one for around a month when i had an 05 ego but it never really settled down.
Would get +-10 fps for a few shots then it would spike high or low by 50fps, also had far worse efficiency than stock so removed it.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Ok guys - thanks for the feedback

I'll save my money for now see how the gun performs on stock valving.

Is there an ideal setting for the LPR - or is it down to player preference. I'm guessing that a higher LPR setting will cycle the gun faster, at the expense of less gas efficiency and more kick?

The Eclipse manual tells you how to adjust the LPR but offers little on recommended base settings. I guess I'm a little wary of over adjusting the LPR and doing damage to the solenoid, or popping seals and hoses.

GT

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Ok guys - thanks for the feedback

I'll save my money for now see how the gun performs on stock valving.

Is there an ideal setting for the LPR - or is it down to player preference. I'm guessing that a higher LPR setting will cycle the gun faster, at the expense of less gas efficiency and more kick?

The Eclipse manual tells you how to adjust the LPR but offers little on recommended base settings. I guess I'm a little wary of over adjusting the LPR and doing damage to the solenoid, or popping seals and hoses.

GT
Stock setting for the LPR is with the screw flush to the end of the LPR housing. 2 turns in will reduce LPR pressure by around 10psi which MIGHT make is slightly softer on paint.

Will make very little difference in terms of speed, efficiency or kick.