Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Leauge your thoughts please

Hi all sparklie here as you probaly know by now I am starting up the M25 leauge next year.

What you won't know are finner details at this point they are not yet set in stone.

So this is your chance to have some imput still, many of you I have already "collared" for your opinions the results of which resulted in the following.

It will be a serries of 6 events open to entry, novice, am, and pro teams.

All sup air is what you want so this is whats been planned.

The feed back from pro and am teams is you want 7 man>

Personally I feel this will help british paintball progress at international level.

At the moment I am planning the entry and novice as a five man if you feel you would support and play a 7 man serise make your voice known now!

If you have played any of our fun tourneys this year you will be used to brilliant food, great facilitys and my team of marshalls.

So please post your comments any thing you would like to see or not see.

Any teams wanting more details please email me

My self and the team are all very excited about this and want it to work.

Sparklie off to shoot the rainbow while she can ;)

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Sweet more sup air

The main gripe that i have about tourneys are the level of commitment from marshalls.
Ok its unrealistic to get the same type of marshalling at campaign as else where but it would be nice for marshalls to get in the mix of things occasionally. Other than that decent toilet facilities, availability of hot food, decent fills at the air stations etc.

If you want this league to succeed then try to get the reputation of firm but fair marshalling and a fun day out. and Remember that first impressions last!!

Just my thoughts

Cheers

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
I went to one or the Fun tourneys earlier in the year and the marshalling was great, a lot of ppl have an interest in this series and want it to work. i don't think the marshals will be a problem.

tb-303

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
due to commitment from teams and the dificulty of organising people, i think that a 5-man style tourney for the entry / novice would be a good idea.

Also marshalling will be better i believe, as not onlt will there be the usualy great wise marshals there who have been playing paintball longer than the wheel has been invented (or so they'll have you believe) who know there stuff.
But some of us young-uns will be getting ukpsf training to tourney level, so should be more up to the task. (i think) :D

need to play more paintball dag namit.

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
I do not think that 5 man at entry and novice is a good idea. Most teams at these levels will be trying to play as much 7 man as possible to get prepared for Campaign. I have also been to one of Sparklies fun tourneys (and maybe will be going to one more) and there is just one thing, having one supair feild was fine for the 8-10 teams at the fun tourneys but there will a lot more teams wanting to play this league so you will need one or two more supair feilds.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Entry and novice to be 7 man... If new teams can't play 7 man to practice they will have no chance by the time Campaign comes around! (If they want to play it)

One idea to combat the problem of teams struggling to field 7 players would be some sort of system to link up players to join forces to make up the numbers. Obviously, this is making more work for your good self but quite often there are people without a team who would be more than happy to make up the numbers. You never know, you could put a groundbreaking player with a good team who will then takeover the world!!!:eek:

Air fills and marshals as well!

Do Am's play Am's, Pro's play Pro's or do Pro's play Entry levels and rip 'em up?

Millenium rules with NO alterations? We have experienced "This tournament will be run on Millenium rules APART from this, this, that and this!"

Thanks for your comments keep them comming

Yes indeed Billy is right I am busy setting up traing to tourney level with the guys thst wrote the book ect and Dam good they are too.

So Marshalling shouldn't be a problem.

Guys little do you know!

It all comes down to support from the teams!

For various resons I am not planning to hold them at maidenhead.

Firstly if it proves popular we physically won't have the space! Maidenhead only has space for 2 sup air feilds max.

Secondly there is the Zap issue at maidenhead which I feel would be unfair to sponsored teams.

Thirdly this is the M25 leauge so I am looking at 3 venues all with good facilitys and enough space for at least 3 feilds.

I want to put on a series I would want to play, I played the last 7 man on my site (a first as I was always concerned about nefatisum) But I was treated fairly and given no esier or harder time than anyone else that day.

It was fun the food was great and every one stayed till the end and the prices had all been given out ...................

Thanks for the comments so far I can see I was on the right track 7man is the way to go.

Stan I have always tried to help out team with players weither for my tourneys temple or campaign all of which I have done. :)

There is a wealth of young un tapped talent emerging at the accdemy as well as players between teams so I am very happy to continue to do this.

sparklie

darm

Coach- Taunton Snatch Uk
Jul 6, 2001
Devon (UK)
www.facebook.com
Why not make some rounds 5man and others 7man, and perhaps throw in a limited paint round for good measure. I know the next leg (leg 3) of the swp league is going to be limited to 340 rounds per player.
Oh and please dont clash any dates with the swp league, as I am sure 'Snatch' and quite a few other SW teams would like to come and play a M25 league if its open to us.

Darm